New Holland baler chain broke

Help Support CattleToday:

cowperson

Reaction score
The chain broke on the New Holland baler and also bent one of the bars. Repair has been estimated at 2000 dollars. Baler is about 15+ years old. Is there any place in Tn to get a good deal on a baler?

If your chain isn't shot, a repair link, and a new pipe will only cost $100 total, if you do the labor. I have run an NH 853 for years.

I can not find the manual to this baler does anyone have the instructions on how to replace the chain. The representative at Shoup said to replace both chains since they come in pairs. Also do you have to reset the time on these balers. New air bags were put on in the last couple of years but the tension does not seem correct. Anyone have any ideals on this. Thanks.

Call your local NH dealer tell them the make ,model and s# of your baler and they can send a manual to you, it will cost you around 30 bucks .

The chains are easily repaired. Use a come-along to pull it together. Can get links at the dealer.

If the bar is not ruined, put it in the hole of your tractor drawbar and straighten it with your bare hands. I've done a bunch this way. Can straighten it in a second, takes longer to take the bar off.

Latest posts