New here from GA

Help Support CattleToday:

Also will add, it is a good practice to feed Bi-Carb - either hand feed in their ration or put in a mineral feeder. I have NOT been doing this, but we are going to start doing it.
Is this what you're talking about?

Also, I may have some more questions for you if you don't mind me direct messaging you.

yes - also called baking soda. I don't know the "amount" to hand feed daily. I just put it out free-choice. I feed my herd early spring for BUN (super high protein in diet). My mineral feeders are those round ones with the big rubber mat over the top. It has 3 bins. I put mineral in 2 bins and bi-carb in the 3rd. Cattle love it. Good thing it's cheap!! LOL
And, yes, you can PM me.
Edit: I should clarify. I have NOT been feeding Bi-Carb to our STEERS, but plan to start this year. I have been feeding my HERD in the spring for many years.

Last edited:
yes - also called baking soda. I don't know the "amount" to hand feed daily. I just put it out free-choice. I feed my herd early spring for BUN (super high protein in diet). My mineral feeders are those round ones with the big rubber mat over the top. It has 3 bins. I put mineral in 2 bins and bi-carb in the 3rd. Cattle love it. Good thing it's cheap!! LOL
And, yes, you can PM me.
Edit: I should clarify. I have NOT been feeding Bi-Carb to our STEERS, but plan to start this year. I have been feeding my HERD in the spring for many years.
Do you buy it in 50 lb bags? If so who produces it.

Latest posts