New Guy From Rockton Illinois

Help Support CattleToday:

wieland family farm

Reaction score
Came here today mostly because I have a heifer that I am quite sure is pregnant but has been getting jumped on by other cows twice now exactly 3 weeks apart. I switched to fall calving a few years ago and typically start calving right at the end of September. I saw a lot of responses to this same question from someone else and most of the replies said that the heifer is not pregnant. I can say for sure that in the past I have had cows appearing to be in heat and getting jumped on, even standing and they calved shortly thereafter. Time will tell with the one that I am observing now and I will update as to her status. Fingers crossed because she is a really nice Red Angus ,,, Maine Anjou cross, bred to a very nice Dun Belted Galloway.

I had a cow show a standing heat a few days before we preg checked. I told vet she was to verify that she was open. surprised when he said she was pregnant. it is a little more concerning that she is 3 weeks apart though. hope she has a nice calf in her since it sounds like you are looking forward to her becoming a mommy. welcome to the CT forum. hope you enjoy your time on here.

Came here today mostly because I have a heifer that I am quite sure is pregnant but has been getting jumped on by other cows twice now exactly 3 weeks apart. I switched to fall calving a few years ago and typically start calving right at the end of September. I saw a lot of responses to this same question from someone else and most of the replies said that the heifer is not pregnant. I can say for sure that in the past I have had cows appearing to be in heat and getting jumped on, even standing and they calved shortly thereafter. Time will tell with the one that I am observing now and I will update as to her status. Fingers crossed because she is a really nice Red Angus ,,, Maine Anjou cross, bred to a very nice Dun Belted Galloway.
A lot of the information we use on the forum is location oriented. Both questions and answers. You might want to put your location (state, south/north/east/west) on your profile.

And welcome. Hopefully a red beltie on the ground soon.

Latest posts