new here,breeder of tennessee walking horses

Help Support CattleToday:

sarah irish

Reaction score
hello from kentucky! have been in the walking horse breeding business for 30 yrs.,would love to hear from other lovers of t.w.h.s,we stand 4 stallions,show and trail ride,and i DO trail ride my stallions on trails and around mares, all of our stallions are flat shod and bred to do the walk naturally,thanks,sarah ;-)

Welcome to the boards, always nice to have another poster. I raise QH's and Paints. I have always tried to raise just QH's, don't know why I end up buying or breeding Paints. Like my kids use to say... it was an accident :roll:

Alan

What is flat shod. My wife is looking to get a Tennessee
walker.We don't know to much about horse's. we do go
on a trail ride once a week. In about two hours matter
of fact.
A good friend used to run a paper mill in Paducah

Glad to have you here,and glad the've stoped breeding TWH to walk on stilts....Plantation Walkers are the best...

We had TWH when I was a kid. We used them for pointing dog field trials. Had to have something smooth being on them all day and something that would move out to keep up with the big running pointers. They are great horses. I have arabians now but someday will have another TWH.

I don't raise TWH but we breed about 12 a year to our Mammoth jacks. one mule three yrs ago, placed third in shelbyville,Tn in the gaited mule class, We bred 67 mares to the three jacks last year, were on # 56 this year. Riding and gaited mules are a going thing.

We breed 1 or 2 TWH mares a year; have our own stallion. Put foals on consignment at another large facility as soon as weaned or as yearling. We've turned out some real nice looking TWH with great attitudes.

Don't bother wasting our time/money on show circuit. Don't do anything to feet except regular trimming, hoof care. Wife occasionally rides her stallion. We don't do any training ourselves and only training our new ones get is by the facility that takes our younguns on consignment to sell.

We like, love horses; however, we are not "obsessed" with horses from any standpoint. Life is too short to put all eggs in one basket...lol.

Latest posts