New Herd Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I bought a new Reg. Angus herd Bull this weekend here is his reg. numbers. Please tell me what you think I will try to send some pictures later. Reg. No. 14816441 Three Trees Exacto 4640

I was tring to see if he would be ok for hiefers I don't know much about EPDs.

He's got good epds for heifers, I don't see an actual birthweight on the reg. For future reference you should ask before buying next time around.

Thank you. I didn,t really buy him for hiefers but I will be keeping this years hiefers to breed next your. He is going to be breeding 3 and 4 year olds this year. I have about 20 head he will have to breed.

I bought him from a nieghbor that bought him at the Nov. sale in 2005. He bought two bulls that year and desided he didn't need the both of them. When I figure out how to post a picture I will. He is a very nice looking bull from end to end. He was calm and gentle when we moved him to.

bobby22":hu42lhdw said:
I was tring to see if he would be ok for hiefers I don't know much about EPDs.
bobby22-Yes, he would work just fine for heifers. His CED is +11, and his BW +.7. YW +74, CEM +12, Milk +26. He is a better than average Angus bull, and should help an average cow herd.

DOC HARRIS

bobby_s_bull_009.jpg

bobby_s_bull_008.jpg

bobby_s_bull_006.jpg

bobby_s_bull_002.jpg

bobby_s_bull_001.jpg

Your bull tends to be splay-footed, cow-hocked and lacks hindquarter development. I am sure that he has been working breeding cows, and his lowered conditioning makes him look worse than he probably is - genetically. But I am judging him as he is right in these pictures. An additional 180 pounds would change his appearance considerably. But he weighs what he weighs in these pictures.

But - extra pounds won't change his geneteic make-up. Actually, it will probably increase the "toe-out" condition.

DOC HARRIS

KNERSIE":2o6xclwk said:
Bobby

can you take a photo of your hayrack, please. I need a few ideas.
Yes I can when I get time. It is made by apache if that helps.

TNMasterBeefProducer":1no5jy55 said:
Typical Funnel butt angus bull. Hes mediocre at best. Thats my opinion. I sure as heck wouldnt use him. Should have been steered at birth if you ask me.

You must cut and paste that for every angus bull. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.

cfpinz

DOC HARRIS":3siwjtoy said:
Your bull tends to be splay-footed,
DOC HARRIS

to me, his weakest point is the area right behind his shoulders (there is almost nothing there, which as mentioned could be his condition), which allow every thing below to splay out, in my opinion. i am looking higher and higher up to see the causes down below. rarely do i see toes like this from thickness, or spring behind the shoulders.

TNMasterBeefProducer":cjpsmxvs said:
I dont copy and paste that for every angus bull. Not every angus bull is a funnell butt but most of the medicore or pee poor bulls on here are and this is just another example of that. I aint never seen you man up and post pics of your herd bulls on here. I on the other hand have.
I don,t remember seeing them.

TNMasterBeefProducer":164tpefi said:
Typical Funnel butt angus bull. Hes mediocre at best. Thats my opinion. I sure as heck wouldnt use him. Should have been steered at birth if you ask me.

buy glasses and get a better attitude

bobby22":x6xdxgvi said:
TNMasterBeefProducer":x6xdxgvi said:
I dont copy and paste that for every angus bull. Not every angus bull is a funnell butt but most of the medicore or pee poor bulls on here are and this is just another example of that. I aint never seen you man up and post pics of your herd bulls on here. I on the other hand have.
I don,t remember seeing them.

Me neither. Maybe that was TurnMyJawLooseMaw or TCM69 or Cattlemanfromouterspace or...

FWIW I've posted pics of mine and never claimed they were the cat's meow but I'm pretty happy with them.

cfpinz

Latest posts