New Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Frist and formost, they look beautiful...I also would not put a Angus bull anywhere close to these cattle, IF YOU ARE GOING TO RAISE REG. CATTLE , BUT BEZ YOUR ARE FULL OF IT AS TO SAING ANGUS RUIN HERFORDS.. Them two go together like bread and butter,The F-1 cross between them are the best cattle in the world... to produce beef from...Now if you are, (I hope so) going to raise seed stock , your herefords will be nice herd bulls on Angus cattle..

alftn":2sikag7t said:
Frist and formost, they look beautiful...I also would not put a Angus bull anywhere close to these cattle, IF YOU ARE GOING TO RAISE REG. CATTLE , BUT BEZ YOUR ARE FULL OF IT AS TO SAING ANGUS RUIN HERFORDS.. Them two go together like bread and butter,The F-1 cross between them are the best cattle in the world... to produce beef from...Now if you are, (I hope so) going to raise seed stock , your herefords will be nice herd bulls on Angus cattle..

My friend - if you knew my background and read the post a little closer you would take a bit of time to notice that funny little thing called a smilie

But I can almost always get someone to nibble on the hook

Now - I have crossed the two for many years and actually have that disgusting Angus on the place right now - as well as some darned nice HH

So relax and read a little closer in the future.

Notice how KMacGinley let it slide - and I suspect they raise a few blacks on their place. I think KM got it right off the top - it is not as easy to get them to bite because they know a bit about me.

Now - go read the rest of the post about my neighbour - and be careful out there

Bez+

Frist Of all, I ain't your friend...Second you sould say what you mean...and third, everyone has their own prespective....I love cows, all kinds, It is people that I have problems with...

alftn":eckl5vtt said:
Frist Of all, I ain't your friend...Second you sould say what you mean...and third, everyone has their own prespective....I love cows, all kinds, It is people that I have problems with...

Does that mean you are my enemy?

I believe you do have problems with people.

(Howling with laughter)

You do not get sarcastic humour and you certainly take yourself far too seriously

So - rather than let you get all sweated up over something - let's part ways with this:

Be careful out there folks

Bez+

No I am Not you emeny, I do not know you...Second sometimes I am way to serious... Third my biggest flaw- is that I like everyone,untill they prove me wrong... have a nice day

Baldie Maker":2op4lrn9 said:
What's your plans for your herd? will you stay registered? Are planning on doing any AI work? what bulls do you plan on using?

Pending on whether I get more pasture or not I would like to expand first by retaining as many quality heifers as possible and buying proven dams. I will stay registered. Eventually I would like to cater towards the show cattle and registered seed stock producers while also providing value to commercial guys. The cows are bred for this coming spring to the Wideload bull, a CS Boomer 29F bull, and an Online 122L bull. After they calve I plan on AI'ing everything and using the Wideload bull as a cleanup bull. I would like to breed heifers to Purple Tonic 10M, HPH Stocker 493C 137, and THM Durango 4037. I'm going to be using DM BR L1 Domino 146, LaGrand Reload 80P ET, AA PRF Wideload, C Maui Jim ET, KJ 2403 Recruit 966R, NJW 8E 120J Embassy 81S ET, and WLB Global 72M 50S on the rest of the herd.

CosgrayHerefords":1x428joz said:
Baldie Maker":1x428joz said:
What's your plans for your herd? will you stay registered? Are planning on doing any AI work? what bulls do you plan on using?

Pending on whether I get more pasture or not I would like to expand first by retaining as many quality heifers as possible and buying proven dams. I will stay registered. Eventually I would like to cater towards the show cattle and registered seed stock producers while also providing value to commercial guys. The cows are bred for this coming spring to the Wideload bull, a CS Boomer 29F bull, and an Online 122L bull. After they calve I plan on AI'ing everything and using the Wideload bull as a cleanup bull. I would like to breed heifers to Purple Tonic 10M, HPH Stocker 493C 137, and THM Durango 4037. I'm going to be using DM BR L1 Domino 146, LaGrand Reload 80P ET, AA PRF Wideload, C Maui Jim ET, KJ 2403 Recruit 966R, NJW 8E 120J Embassy 81S ET, and WLB Global 72M 50S on the rest of the herd.

You'd be better off to decide on a direction and use the one or two bulls best suited to achieve that otherwise you'll end up with just a hodge podge of mixed genetics and a dozen different types in your herd.

KNERSIE":31hgtgse said:
You'd be better off to decide on a direction and use the one or two bulls best suited to achieve that otherwise you'll end up with just a hodge podge of mixed genetics and a dozen different types in your herd.

Great advice!

A couple well respected Hereford breeders gave me that very same advice 7 years ago when my enthusiasm for being back in the Hereford business was overriding my logic. Like you, CosgrayHerefords, I was wanting to sample every potential good bull out there. I'm glad that I listened to them, as it was sure a lot easier to select sires for the next generation when there was much more consistency in them.

Nice group of cows, overall! If it were me, I'd use 146 or his son, Maui Jim, on those cows that are "full bodied" and pick another bull, like Wideload, and use him on those that appear that they could use a little more volume added. I also wouldn't have any reservation on using any of those three bulls on good growthy Hereford heifers.

George