new calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Pretty healthy looking little critters. These your first calves out of them cows or how long have been breeding this stock?

TB,

Most of them calved for the third time on my place. The old bleu one has calved 9 times, and this is calf nr. 11.

DC

A.

The 'blackbaldie' and the one nursing the BBcow are from my Saler x hereford bull. Mothers are both sim x BB. The other two are from a pure salers bull and their mothers are both pure sim(fleckvieh)

The blackbaldie is three weeks, the reds are three days old.

DC.

Looking good DC, really like the color patterns on the babies . :)

What's the weather like there, are your tulips and crocuses coming up yet ?

HD,

Last week it was up to 15 C and lots of sunshine, and yes it is almost to late for crocus and i've seen some tulips , sneeuwklokjes, narcissen ,blauwedruifjes here end there.
Yesterday and today its about 5 C and lots of wind :frowns:
When there isn't a lot of rain next week I'l throw the mammas and their babies in the pasture.
That's a lot healthier , and I'm running out of hay (sold a lot, prices are skyhigh).

DC

dutchcowboy":3r3ixxc9 said:
TB,

Most of them calved for the third time on my place. The old bleu one has calved 9 times, and this is calf nr. 11.

DC

That old bleu one sounds like a keeper to me! Congrats again!

Some more calves were born the past week so I took some more pics.
Take a look and let me hear what you think of them.

Gr. DC

dutchcowboy":1mzaf2r2 said:
Some more calves were born the past week so I took some more pics.
Take a look and let me hear what you think of them.

Gr. DC

First, the new ones are very cute too. And second bleu`s calf shows great muscle and takes after her good mother! I like DM!

Latest posts