New calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
We had our first fall calf yesterday, a 78 lb. TC Foreman heifer. She's black all over, sturdy and lots of get up and go. Anyone else calving yet?

Won't start till Oct. Congratulations on your calf. sounds like a money maker to me.

Scotty

Scotty":5tedssdv said:
Won't start till Oct. Congratulations on your calf. sounds like a money maker to me.

Scotty

When he's not being collected Foreman lives here in OK, so I've seen quite a few bulls on test and they seem to do well. This is our first calf by him; wish she had been a he, but she's learning to run and buck today, so I can't complain. She should have a pal in a week or so to play with.

we just had a heifer claf bron yesterday around 120 pounds cow calved it her selfwe also calve all yer round because we also have milking cows

Isn't he collected at Genex in Strafford ? Are you a fall calver only Frankiestein? :D

I don't know if he's collected in Strafford but I got semen for him from them. Still have 2 '02 heifers of his.

I've got 17 on the ground in the last 2 weeks. Little monsters hit the ground running flat out. Don't even try to catch, tag, let alone weigh they're just to fast.

had one 5 days ago. am having to bottle it. i think it clicked tonight though. hope to have him on cow tomorrow afternoon or monday morning.

Angus Guy":1gr68r30 said:
I've got 17 on the ground in the last 2 weeks. Little monsters hit the ground running flat out. Don't even try to catch, tag, let alone weigh they're just to fast.

If posible I put the cows in smaller traps just befor calving. I also have a ten ft. calf catcher from valley vet supply.

Scotty

ollie":1wpnmolz said:
Isn't he collected at Genex in Strafford ? Are you a fall calver only Frankiestein? :D

I don't know where he's collected. Once upon a time we were strictly a spring calving operation, but always had some people looking for bulls in the fall, so a few years ago we bought a few fall calvers, too.

9NMidnightCalf3090105sm.jpg

Had my first fall calf arrive Sept. 1st. A heifer that weighed 72 lbs.

Chuckie":40tm5ex1 said:
Frankie, when you get a chance, take a picture of your new baby.

I'll see what I can do. After we got through weighing and tagging the little gal, 'momma' left in a huff and took her out to the pasture. That's where she's stayed. But she'll bring her up in a day or two and I'll see if I can get a decent photo.