New Calf Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
As I posted in another thread, sometime during the night our beefmaster cow had a calf, and now its time for the pics. Its really tame, the calf will let you come up to it and pet him, so will the momma (she is a retired show cow). So here they are, at less than one day old.

Pic022.JPG

Pic017.JPG

Pic012.JPG

Let me know what you think.

We arent exactly sure. She was in a pasture with several bulls, so we cant be sure. We plan on castrating him and either feeding him out for us to eat or if he is a decent looking steer we will sell him to one of my old FFA buddies still in high school for the schools steer show.

TxCoUnTrYbOy":32mkjk3v said:
We arent exactly sure. She was in a pasture with several bulls, so we cant be sure. We plan on castrating him and either feeding him out for us to eat or if he is a decent looking steer we will sell him to one of my old FFA buddies still in high school for the schools steer show.
If his phenotype will justify his being a show calf, he should make a fine - FLASHY - show calf! And, like it or not, Flash and Style counts BIG TIME with FFA judges.

DOC HARRIS

That is a gorgeous baby! Thanks for sharing.

Alice

thats a nice looking calf.he come out tobe painted up.nice looking cow as well.you want beefmasters tobe calm an easy to work around.he should make a nice show steer.

I'm amazed at how gentle/tame Beefmaster cattle are :eek: .

I purchased a Beefmaster bull to cross with some Charolais cows and he is the most gentle/tame bull I have ever seen.

I look forward to seeing his calves next spring.

MountainFarmChar":7p5u500z said:

I purchased a Beefmaster bull to cross with some Charolais cows and he is the most gentle/tame bull I have ever seen.

ive got a beefmaster bull an he is super gentle.easy to move cattle around without getting upset.an if your out in the pasture working he respects you an doesnt get in your way.

bigbull338":3fk8729v said:
MountainFarmChar":3fk8729v said:

ive got a beefmaster bull an he is super gentle.easy to move cattle around without getting upset.an if your out in the pasture working he respects you an doesnt get in your way.

Where do you think the Beefmaster gets its docile attitude?

MountainFarmChar":38gqq542 said:
bigbull338":38gqq542 said:
MountainFarmChar":38gqq542 said:

i think they get it from the hereford an shorthorn in them.as well as being bred tobe gentle an easy going.an i think it also has alot tobe with how they are handled.you can get wild cattle in any breed.i know that i only want gentle beefmaster cows.an if i get aholt of a real crazy 1 ill most likely cull her fast.

bigbull338":27n9wlpm said:
MountainFarmChar":27n9wlpm said:
bigbull338":27n9wlpm said:
MountainFarmChar":27n9wlpm said:

i think they get it from the hereford an shorthorn in them.as well as being bred tobe gentle an easy going.an i think it also has alot tobe with how they are handled.you can get wild cattle in any breed.i know that i only want gentle beefmaster cows.an if i get aholt of a real crazy 1 ill most likely cull her fast.

I've never seen a wild Beefmaster but I'm sure there have been some. Every farm I've visited that raised Beefmasters had very gentle/tame cattle. If it wasn't for so much ear and navel I think more people would go to Beefmaster. The buyers in my area really dock the pure bred Beefmaster calves (too much ear and navel). I'm expecting my Beefmaster/Charolais calves will do well though, time will tell?

Latest posts