New Board?

Help Support CattleToday:

mitchwi

Reaction score
I see comments about the pics and people with dial-up and downloading issues..... maybe a new board just for the pics when we are wanting critiques on cattle. Not saying can't post pics on other boards, especially when there is a great importance, like under Health, or anything else for that matter. I know I would love to post more pics and get wonderful input from people like Bez, Doc Harris, Dun, etc, etc.... who have worlds more knowledge than I do and I feel they are teaching me a lot.... visuals really help me out on things to look for, both good and bad.

I think it would take something away from the other boards to stop posting pictures. My system is slow and I don't look at many of them, but as long as people note in the title that it includes a picture, I don't see a problem. Maybe Macon can set up a photo shop on the board for just pictures, but I'd like to be able to post photos on the regular boards if I want to. JMHO.

If the poster would down-size the pics to the whole thing shows on the screen without having to scroll, sometimes the distance of 3 or 4 screens; that would help a lot. I have got to the point that if I have to do that I just don't read or look at anything on that page. If the poster wants me to look at their cattle he/she can make the pic easy to see.
A pic the size is big enough for anyone to see.

If you don't know how to down size it, learn how.

Agree. If you can't downsize a picture to between about 3 x 4" to about 5 x 7" just forget it. Very irritating to try to see a picture that covers whole screen or more. Besides for those people that have dial-up it is problematic. We have satellite at 100 kbs; however, it doesn't help viewing when there is a huge photo...I usually just skip viewing those large photos, regardless of how "important" or "informative" they might be.

JMO

Didn't you mean 100mbs, Bill? My dial up connects at 14.4 kbs. My mom's satellite at 100mbs. 100mbs is 6944X faster than 14.4kbs. I think posters should be able to put pic's wherever they want. Folks with slow connections can skip them if they want. However, it would help everyone, as has been stated by previous posters, if pics would be sized to fit screen.

ga. prime":1hn56zu0 said:
Didn't you mean 100mbs, Bill? My dial up connects at 14.4 kbs. My mom's satellite at 100mbs. 100mbs is 6944X faster than 14.4kbs. I think posters should be able to put pic's wherever they want. Folks with slow connections can skip them if they want. However, it would help everyone, as has been stated by previous posters, if pics would be sized to fit screen.

:shock: I'd love to have a connection at 100 meg per second. Mine runs at anywhere from 200 k to 500 k, very erratic but fast compared to dial up. I have probably been one of the worst for posting large pics, sorry folks I'll give that more attention next time.
I noticed on ranchers.net they have photo contests and photo boards. I think it would be a good idea myself!

bif