• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Black Hereford..??

Limomike

Reaction score
This heifer calf was born yesterday. First of its kind on my place (Limousin/Hereford X) I think I kinda like it.

grubbie

Reaction score
Had a heifer just like that two years ago, just had to keep her. She'll have her first calf this year. Nice lookin pair you have there.

Red Bull Breeder

Reaction score
Real Limi's are red Dun, Mike has just been a little confused lately. Besides if he used a red Limi on them herfords the herford people would be trying to claim the calf. :lol:

Limomike

Reaction score
Red Bull Breeder":fva47lzp said:
Real Limi's are red Dun, Mike has just been a little confused lately. Besides if he used a red Limi on them herfords the herford people would be trying to claim the calf. :lol:
Funny how that fake Limi brings out the black in the Hereford breed. :lol: :lol:
Its why I titled the post as I did.

Susie David

Reaction score
Had one like it last year out of our Lim bull...only thing is that he hung horns on 60% of his calves. Funny thing is that the calf out of the daughter of the dam to the baldy came out red baldy. The bull was shooting multi colored. This year a heifer calf from him is solid black and that is from a old f1 baldy cow who has always had calves with white on the face.
Never understand how genetics work...DMc

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
Congrats on a healthy start to the calving season, plus a cutie to boot. :D

Limomike

Reaction score
Good eye there greenwillow.. :clap: . She is a daughter of "Tuck".