new baby

Help Support CattleToday:

brenda

Reaction score
there was a recipe on here a few days ago for bottle fed babies. can you please repost? my niece has a two day old baby that mama is not taking. shame, she has a HUGE bag. but that's the way it goes in the cattle business. i don't know if its because this is her first calf or what. but he was very healthy, probably around 80lbs. thanks.

One can of Carnation, 2 cans water and 2 TBSP plain yogurt.

I decided to save in my documents just in case...

I don't remember if it was Randilliana's or Victoria's recipe, but I was sure glad to see it.

Alice :)

Alice":1pdwex8d said:
One can of Carnation, 2 cans water and 2 TBSP plain yogurt.

I decided to save in my documents just in case...

I don't remember if it was Randilliana's or Victoria's recipe, but I was sure glad to see it.

Alice :)

Not mine.

I dont know about home reciepes, but they should probably get some colostrum (if they have some frozen) and then regular milk replacer.

he's had colustrum replacement, but he gulps down a qt. of milk in no time, still wanting something to eat. so i thought he might need a little something extra.

Make sure the baby does get colostrum first. We give the recipe (did come from my vet) if the calf is preemie or a little slow starting. After the calf is bouncy and acting healthy or finally old enough to be born we switch them to a high quality milk replacer. Carnation is fine to feed them when they don't eat much but once they start slugging it down it gets a little more expensive. Hope all goes well for you.

Latest posts