Neuflor

Help Support CattleToday:

C HOLLAND

Reaction score
I have a sick calf and the vet made me up 2 shots for her and my wife picked them up tonight and we gave both shots per his instructions and will follow up in 48 hours with a second dose of Neuflor. My wife went to pick it up and she didn't ask him what the other med was.

My question is, can you buy Neuflor from a vet supply or do you have to get this from a vet. I try to keep all types of meds on hand I try to find out all I can before calling the vet to help him make the best call for what he thinks is wrong.

I normally call and he comes right out, but there are times he is just not avalable and he is willing to leave meds for me at his house to pick up or at his office when he can't come out.

I have been out to check on the calf several times tonight and my wife said she would break out the sleeping bag for me to sleep next to her. :lol: She is to funny

Nuflor is prescription only. The other shot may have very well been banamine.

Sleeping bags suck! Especially in the winter...outside...with no close by plumbing.

I like your wife's style! :D

Alice

Like Alice said Nuflor is only available from your Veterinarian but always good to have on hand as it is also very effect with BRD ,foot rot and numerous other cattle problems.

The other medication could have been a number of different flunixin meglumine non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug's approved for cattle in the United States.
Banamine in the States and Anafen in Canada.

Also very good to have on hand.

Alice":11v53gpc said:
Nuflor is prescription only. The other shot may have very well been banamine.

Sleeping bags suck! Especially in the winter...outside...with no close by plumbing.

I like your wife's style! :D

Alice

What she said exept for liking the wifes style sleeping outside no no no
Anyhow you may be able to get the vet to rx some for you from valley vet.
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html ... b0d0204ae5
Or at least talk him into a bit better price based on Valley Vet Pricing. Its good but it aint cheap. Have fun on your camp out.

Ask the vet to sell you a bottle to have on hand, even if you pay a little more it's worth it. If you drop some money at the clinic from time to time on meds, the vets don't mind as much when you call to ask questions.

cfpinz

I have also found Nuflor to be very effective for BRD, however is seems much more hard on their digestive sysytems. Be sure to get some probiotics in the little one as well, if you haven't already. Don't wait for the runs to start, they will.
I was thinking the other shot may have been Banamine as suggested or possibly Re-Covr.
Good luck with him.

C HOLLAND":etr1flit said:
My question is, can you buy Neuflor from a vet supply or do you have to get this from a vet.

Nuflor is vet only. If the calf has respiratory illness, the second shot could have been flunixamine(sp?) or banamine - either one reduces fever and, because of that, encourages him to eat simply because he feels better.

Latest posts