Needing some prayers

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
My mother had her first diagnosed stroke a year ago last March, then a different kind of stroke in November.
Both took a cognitive toll in addition to the natural aging process. She had had multiple lengthy hospital stays, and has been back in hospital since Thursday. She had been seemingly physically improving then took a turn for the worse. She is now unable to take 4 or 5 steps without giving out. Today she had another liter of fluid drawn from her lungs and it hasn't helped as it did in the past. The diagnosis is that she has congestive heart failure, and leaking heart valves. There is now not any options except heart valve replacement and she is probably not strong enough to withstand the procedure. I have Ménière's disease and have always been hard of hearing almost deaf in one ear and now as of the last month I have lost most of the hearing in my good ear, it is to the point that I can not hear my mother she speaks most of the time.
We just don't know how how much
time she has but as of late it doesn't look to be long. I'm a middle aged man but at the moment I feel like a heart broken and scared child.

They have a less invasive procedure to fix heart valves as our local heart center ranked in the top 50 nationally performs these. I know an 86 year old woman who recently had this done and she came through in good shape. This might be and option for your mother.

Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)may be a treatment option. TAVR is a less invasive procedure that does not require open heart surgery.
For patients with a failing surgical valve who are high risk or too sick for open heart surgery, TAVR with certain valves may be a treatment option. This less invasive procedure allows a new prosthetic valve to be inserted within the failing surgical tissue valve.

Bill. You have had a tough run. Something you begin to get more and more familiar with as you age is that we are frail. As you get older, you also seem to accept that fact. However one believes we humans came to be, one thing is certain, we sure have a lot of flaws. Whether by natural forces or Devine engineering, you got to hope they work out the bugs in next year's models.

Sometimes, the only thing you can do is roll with the blows.

You all are in my prayers. My mom had came down with Meniere's Disease and had a really tough time with it. Not to bad now but did lose most of her hearing in one ear. Again prayers to all of you.

My dad lost most of his hearing from a bad flu, he struggled with that for years but now copes quite well. It was hard for us around him also because it really changes the dynamics of simple conversations. Hopefully your mother can get the ne heart valve and then bounce back strongly. I have seen really sick people have pig valves put in and a year later would not believe it is the same person. My father in law is 83 and has just been told he will need this. He also has a fair few issues so it does make you worry. Praying for you and your mum.

Mama passed away this morning. I take comfort in knowing that her struggle here in this world is over and she no longer labors to breathe and is no longer limited to only a few steps before tiring out. I knew that this day would come, but could never be prepared for it. I am heart broken and have cried more than I ever have.

Condolences for the loss of your mother. Sometimes death provides the most bitter sweet release from watching someone we love suffer. Requiescat in pace.

Latest posts