• 1) Yes

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • 2) No

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alisonb

Reaction score
Need your vote please. As some of you know we are presently running a photo contest with the theme 'Winds'. I have received one entry that has the American flag flying in the wind and need to decide whether it is to be accepted in the contest. Americans are very patriotic folk :D and a flag of their country in a contest may just sway the votes.

I need to know if you feel allowing this entry fair on other contestants? The poll will run for 2 hours from now...thanks.

We have a giant flag her on a 100'pole that the other day was flying perfect . it was amazing and I started driving toward it to get into a position to where I could take the picture . I decided that even tho it would get alot of votes , It would not be fair to use that when its not a flag contest .

Mercy we have Canadians, Aussies, Lithuanians and a lot more on here. I'd think all would be proud of their flag blowing int he wind.

alisonb":28anuylp said:
That is true TB but you may be missing the point...go and take a nap :lol:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I know but there are those here that will school me....BTW notice I left out SA??

TexasBred":12lu85th said:
alisonb":12lu85th said:
That is true TB but you may be missing the point...go and take a nap :lol:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I know but there are those here that will school me....BTW notice I left out SA??

I noticed ;-) :D

Thanks all...2hrs are up and the contest has been posted, please visit the Photo Contest Board and vote for favourite Photograph.

I'm OK with it, otherwise we're going to start having debates about which flags are allowed and which ones aren't, then we're going to have a contest about Statues, but only "good" people statues... etc etc etc
And judging by the contest, perhaps flags are a liability to getting votes.. don't know if it's the out-of-state folks, Football grudges, or what though :)

Surely we can get some pics of the effects of wind on objects without the object being a confederate battle flag. ;-)

Latest posts