Need Some Help from The Dodge Boys...

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
The one and only Dodge that I own is a 1994 SLT Laramie Full-Size 4x4 truck that I affectionately call "Festus"! It is strictly a farm truck and we use for the daily chores around the farm. Anyways, lately I have notice a pretty loud belt squeal that happens when you accelerate... upon further investigation, I notice that the harmonic balancer and pulley are actually moving (outward) about a 1/4" when the squeal starts and goes right back into place when you let off the throttle.

I was hoping that one of you Dodge boys could possibly help me with this before I start blindly digging into it. Is this something that any of you have ever had to deal with? Hoping it is something as simple as a bearing or something...

I appreciate the help!

fenceman":r2umggsy said:
https://www.google.com/search?q=harmonic+balancer&oq=harmonic+balancer&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.14158j0j4&client=tablet-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&espv=1&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=cgEcwbVM5kE8zM%3A

This is all I can give you. Were the arrow says missing isolator there is a rubber ring joining the two metal pieces. It can deteriorate. You can check it by removing belt and using a prybar to check for slop.
Thanks... I was hoping that maybe it was something like that. I will check it out tomorrow. Sometimes it is better to ask around to see if anyone has had similar experiences before just going into it blindly.