Need some bull buying tips.

Help Support CattleToday:

Any idea on how this breeder developes/feeds their young bulls? His actual yearling weight makes me wonder if he has been pushed pretty hard....

He's definitely been pushed hard, he's been in a bull test for 112 days. He's going to melt under our management but he's got the length. He's selling in the middle so I'm hoping that I can get a deal on him.
I'm terrible trying to figure out what all the numbers mean.

True Grit,
That bull has been pushed awful awful hard.. Not telling you to shy away, check the feet good especially for toe length and hoof shape. Look hard walk away and look at them again. Move him around like any bull, the Regis part of the pedigree wont add a whole lot of frame but they usually have a really nice look to them,bull is out of a good program for females.. I say if the feet are good get to bidding..

jscunn":3o1qsb06 said:
True Grit,
That bull has been pushed awful awful hard.. Not telling you to shy away, check the feet good especially for toe length and hoof shape. Look hard walk away and look at them again. Move him around like any bull, the Regis part of the pedigree wont add a whole lot of frame but they usually have a really nice look to them,bull is out of a good program for females.. I say if the feet are good get to bidding..
This is about what I was thinking. Not tall, but heavy. Fat or just plenty of meat?

His numbers are strong. Luck of the draw on how will hold up, same as any bull. Some put that weight on and go to work - they slim down, but have lots of reserves to work with - end up living productive lives. Others fall apart and never amount to much.

Latest posts