Need Rain!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
The water goes in, and the water goes out.......

tractorwell.jpg

The water goes round and round, and it comes out here....

gun.jpg

Never had to do this in March-May before, whats it gonna be like in September?

Mike,

If it's like what we have been experiencing the last several years you will be feeding hay in the summer months. Last year started in late July and it was tough, not enough hay around to take care of the cows. I was buying hay for extremely high prices from wherever I could get it. The winter months coming up weren't even considered. Did down size some and gave the feed store some extra business. This year may be totally different. My pastures were fertilized in April as well as the hay field. And thank the Lord we have had more rain this year than in recent past years. My hay field needs to be cut and baled now, don't mean to be nasty, but we need some dry days to do it.

Hope this first tropical storm drops some rain on you.

Jack

I know what you mean. I thought last summer was a drought to remember but this year is going to top it. By the way, how are the melons?

I'm glad we finally got rain, but a little too much too quick. I'm only about a mile from the Missouri river. I was kind of wondering how much closer it was going to get for a while.

Hope you get the break in the weather you need.

Thanks guys.

Melons vines are about to start running. ;-) They are getting wet in the picture. ;-)

I wish you well. Thank God, we've had plenty of rain. A lot of people here are cutting hay (to avoid protein loss) and are getting their hay rained on. I wouldn't mind just enough dry time to get the hay cut and baled...but I'd rather supplement protein than have spoiled hay...or worse yet have to deal with another year like these past two.

Anyhow, I hope the best for you. Hopefully rain will be upon you soon. Don't forget to ask the only One who can make it rain.

Mike will you have water mellons by the 4th of July?
What RPM do you have to run the tractor to keep the pump working?

alabama":33snisxd said:
Mike will you have water mellons by the 4th of July?
What RPM do you have to run the tractor to keep the pump working?

No melons by July 4. Was too cool at night for too long. Ground temp just got high enough in the past couple of weeks.

Tractor runs at 1200-1300 engine Rpm's while pumping water.

Am using the 1000 rpm tractor shaft with an adapter to 540 for the pump. Saves about $15-$20 per day fuel.

Latest posts