Need a little help.

Help Support CattleToday:

LCCattle

Reaction score
I have read through most of your posts here but don't seem to answer my own questions, so I thought I should ask the experts.
A discussion has come come up as to can AI ING cause multiple births? It was put to me this way.

" Twins/triplets from AI are purely coincidental. ". OK, if you say so! I'll tell that to all those cows who have always produced a single calf and when she produces twins or triplets after being AI ed, and goes back to a single calf when she is not AI ed, it was just a "coincident".
Can I get a ruling on that?

Coincidence.
The Female has care, custody and control of the eggs, producing multiple eggs or zygote splitting to produce identical twins.
There is no mechanism for male to cause release of multiple eggs or to cause zygote division.

TennesseeTuxedo":1dlursmb said:
I've heard of similar stories but mainly because A.I. was performed during the cycle of the full moon which everyone knows leads to twins.
Moon cycle does play a small role but the AM/PM rule is the big factor. If you're off by even ten minutes one way or the other you can go from a mummy to triplets depending on if you're early or late. If you want just one live calf you have to be pretty much exact in you AMing and PMing.

cow pollinater":26d6a0uv said:
TennesseeTuxedo":26d6a0uv said:
I've heard of similar stories but mainly because A.I. was performed during the cycle of the full moon which everyone knows leads to twins.
Moon cycle does play a small role but the AM/PM rule is the big factor. If you're off by even ten minutes one way or the other you can go from a mummy to triplets depending on if you're early or late. If you want just one live calf you have to be pretty much exact in you AMing and PMing.

its no wonder they ran you out of California.

M-5":c7jswerz said:
cow pollinater":c7jswerz said:
TennesseeTuxedo":c7jswerz said:

its no wonder they ran you out of California.
Naw, they ran me out because they got tired of jerseys having big bulging bug eyes. They replaced me with a guy with a skinny forearm.

cow pollinater":20v1y5gk said:
TennesseeTuxedo":20v1y5gk said:

Does air temperature have any effect on it?

it] 

pronoun, nominative it, possessiveits or (Obsoleteor Dialect) it, objective it;plural nominative they, possessivetheir or theirs, objective them.

(used to represent an inanimate thing understood, previously mentioned, about tobe mentioned, or present in the immediatecontext):

TennesseeTuxedo":3610q0ou said:
It's crucial to only A.I. by the signs according to the Farmer's Almanac.
Yep If I don't see signs of heat I don't breed her. I heard that syncronizing them causes twins.

Latest posts