neat doohickey

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
we are trying out this hay fork.

Picture156.jpg

how about showing us a couple of pictures of just the fork that looks like a good idea
thanks

I saw a double bale arrangement for a frontend loader. Both look like time savers.

BUILT A DOOHICKEY LIKE THIS MYSELF A COUPLE YEARS AGO WORKS GREAT. TIP-WELD BALL FOR GOOSENECK CATTLE TRAILER ON TOP GET IN AND OUT ANYWHERE WITH TRAILER HOOK TO TRUCK. HEAD DOWN THE ROAD.

Shoot is wish my ground stayed solid enough in the winter to use that dohicky...lol.....Last year I was down to one bale on the rear so I could use the front end to brige out when I got stuck.

ERNIBIGB":125m1peo said:
BUILT A DOOHICKEY LIKE THIS MYSELF A COUPLE YEARS AGO WORKS GREAT. TIP-WELD BALL FOR GOOSENECK CATTLE TRAILER ON TOP GET IN AND OUT ANYWHERE WITH TRAILER HOOK TO TRUCK. HEAD DOWN THE ROAD.

Ya lost me here Ernibigb. Please explain what ya did. :?:

Flaboy, I was a little "lost" on my first reading as well. I think he means that he built the dual hay fork like the one in the picture. Then, he welded a gooseneck ball on the top iron, in the middle of the fork. If conditions around his hay area are too muddy, he can use his tractor & modified hay fork to move the goosneck trailer just about anywhere he wants to. After doing so, he then hooks the goosneck up to his truck and away he goes! Is that it? Similar to using a ball on a drawbar to move trailers around with a tractor, where it is impractical to use a truck.

I have an idea in my head to build a four bale hay mover.At auction saturday an old eight row fold up cultivator sold for $300. I think this would work on a large tractor.I might build one someday to sell.My tractors are too small to carry four rolls. I might be able to explain to someone if they wanted to try it.

Arnold Ziffle":whgoxfg9 said:
Flaboy, I was a little "lost" on my first reading as well. I think he means that he built the dual hay fork like the one in the picture. Then, he welded a gooseneck ball on the top iron, in the middle of the fork. If conditions around his hay area are too muddy, he can use his tractor & modified hay fork to move the goosneck trailer just about anywhere he wants to. After doing so, he then hooks the goosneck up to his truck and away he goes! Is that it? Similar to using a ball on a drawbar to move trailers around with a tractor, where it is impractical to use a truck.

Ah ha I see, said the blind man as he walked past the fish market and said good morning ladies.

I built a 3-point hitch attachment to do that also.

that one is neat but wouldnt it be a pain in the butt getting the rolls on and off?

I sure wish I had the ground that tractor is sitting on. The problem of having a warm winter here in NY is we never get a break from the mud.

Latest posts