my weekend

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
This has been one of the most productive weekends I've had in a while. I got up Thursday with the crud and Friday was rough but I had to work and do inventory. I cut out around 3 stopped at the feed mill and picked up some crushed cow feed. Got home put some hay and feed in the lot and every single cow and calf came in and I had them shut up before dark. Saturday I got up and looked for a witness that saw the Mack truck that seemed like it ran over me during the night. Both my son's were off work Saturday and I had planned to worm and vac the cows so no time to be sick. We worked 40head in 2 hrs and did not miss a single one and only one slipped the head catch(pic attached). Nobody got hurt but I did have one old girl that tried to get in my back pocket. I still felt bad but it was such a pretty day so I spread some millet seed and disc it in. The I hooked to the sprayer and sprayed 24d on 20 acres. I didn't slow done till about 430 when I came in and took a shower. My mother in law had cooked mullet so we stopped and ate supper. Then we went to a place I despise.....Wal-Mart. My wife has been after me for a while for a new camera
So I bought her a camera for our anniversary which coincidently is today ( 24 years). We got back home around 8 and I was done for. It was Supposed to rain today so I figured Sunday would be my sick day. Well I had to move some panels and it wasn't raining and my wife was wanting to use her camera so we got in the jeep and rode thru the cows so she could take some pics and I could match calves numbers with their mamas. Rain started around lunch but didn't last long so I plowed my garden and laid off some more rows. The sun started peaking out so I decided I would spray my neighbors hay field that I get my hay off of. After that I watched the the race in fast forward. Then I piddled till
dark. I still feel like crap but overall a good weekend.

Wish I could work that hard being sick!
Happy anniversary! Looks like the camera takes good pics. But where are all the calf pictures? :D

Thank yall , it was a good day . Denver, I don't have a squeeze just a head catch.
Deepsouth sky I would love to help yall work cows and if both of you are secret millionaires pm me and we can discuss my fees. Nesikep I have flu like symptoms. Mullet was 2 good to make me sick.
Brangus that pic was with my wife's cell phone I will try and load pics today.
Jo, my boys hard hard workers and good help. My oldest fiancee wasn't in the pic but she ran the needles, she used to work for a vet. My oldest ran the head catch, my youngest pushed them down the chute, I sorted and stayed in with them because they are used to me and my wife refill syringes and loaded tags in the gun. I am a new fan of Z tags. Only one missing was my daughter cause she had to work. Working cows has always been a family event all life. I am truly blessed.

M5farm said:
Thank yall , Deepsouth sky I would love to help yall work cows and if both of you are secret millionaires pm me and we can discuss my fees. quote]

M5 my rich friend Deepsouth is actually a billionaire and cost is no object come on down. :D

apparently this one had grease on his ears. we ran him in twice and he kept pulling back out head catch was as tight as it would go. he started fighting me so we just put him on the ground and worked him there.

Happy aniversary.
You sound like me. I always figure if I'm going to be miserable being sick, I might as well be really miserable and get a bunch done. :lol: I'd almost rather be so sick that I can't get out of bed than just have the crud where you CAN work but just don't want to.

M5farm":189jqc3t said:
apparently this one had grease on his ears. we ran him in twice and he kept pulling back out head catch was as tight as it would go. he started fighting me so we just put him on the ground and worked him there.
I know how that go's. I've had bulls with necks as big as there heads, hard to keep them cought.

denvermartinfarms":2qp351u1 said:
With a head catch why are you bull dogging calves that big? I ain't knocking it, I'm just wondering why it's necasary.
Cause it's fun for those young men to do! :cowboy:

Latest posts