My tick solution

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Me and the boy worked on food plots today. Completely overgrown. Sprayed em, and gonna burn em off, then plant wheat closer to time. Any way, if he got one tick he got 300. I had literally one tick. I tuck my pants in my socks, and then put my stove pipes on with all that tucked in. Long sleeve shirt tucked in. I literally wet my my boots and my pants where they meet my boots. I also wet my belt line.

Caustic Burno":2sfa1k24 said:
We seldom even find a tick on anything fire ants wiped them out.
Want some fire ants for free just pay shipping?

Naw. But I hear they're coming.

Bigfoot":1as8k55v said:
Me and the boy worked on food plots today. Completely overgrown. Sprayed em, and gonna burn em off, then plant wheat closer to time. Any way, if he got one tick he got 300. I had literally one tick. I tuck my pants in my socks, and then put my stove pipes on with all that tucked in. Long sleeve shirt tucked in. I literally wet my my boots and my pants where they meet my boots. I also wet my belt line.

I been wetting myself down with Off Outdoors. Works!

I haven't seen an armadillo in 3 years and only saw a family of 3 or 4 a single night in the 5 years previous to that. Coyotes killing them maybe..

I saw a video a couple years ago about Deet vs Permethrin
They sprayed two object with one of each
Based on the video the Permethrin was way more effective.

Cross-7":1w7zmo1e said:
I saw a video a couple years ago about Deet vs Permethrin
They sprayed two object with one of each
Based on the video the Permethrin was way more effective.

A good home brew for insect repellent is a ounce of 38% permethrin, quart of diesel fuel in a spray bottle. Don't apply directly to skin.

The 'dillos are making a comeback. I can't recall what, but there was a disease that hit them pretty hard a few years back. That and the drought reduced their numbers pretty good.

We are seeing a lot more this year, though.

Caustic Burno":1399zuy0 said:
We seldom even find a tick on anything fire ants wiped them out.
Want some fire ants for free just pay shipping?

No kidding?! I did not know that. Been living on our little farm in TX a little over a year and have hardly had 1 on me. Dogs never have them either. On the family farm in Missouri no fire ants but I pull ticks regularly. Although here I get a couple dozen fire ant bites daily it seems lol

Bright Raven":1vd02d2w said:
Bigfoot":1vd02d2w said:

I been wetting myself down with Off Outdoors. Works!

Same here. Don't go outside with out it right now. Been trying to avoid riding the buggy right now because they are in the grass and get slung up on you. I've debated ivomecing myself again.

Must be why we don't have many ticks around here, but I wish I was in the fire ant farmin' bidness, I'd be rich.

Latest posts