My steer **new pics**

Help Support CattleToday:

Good looking calf; nice wide, straight top, exhibits some muscle, and has some depth to him. Clip his neck real close for as much extension as you can get. I don't see his rear legs too straight; plenty of set in his hock for a show steer. His pasterns do appear to be mighty tight. Grind up about 8 regular aspirin and feed to him at least an hour before a show. The antinflamatory action should free up the pastern a little. Something to try for his front feet: As you finish his front legs, and are painting, spray his hooves black on the outside and angle a line over toward the inside toe (don't paint the entire hoof). This should help create a slight optical illusion that his feet are turning in. Good luck.

D6cattleman, no i don't do livestock judging... yet. i'm in ffa but our chapter is super small and no one is joining. and i know of people who want to join but can't because my school won't put them in an ag class. and congrats on your title. btw i'm 15 and i've got 2 more years after this one to show at our fair down here.

AAOK, We are going to clip his neck down as tight as we can so it looks like he actually has one lol. And thank you for the tip about the asprin and paint.

Grand Chaser":29cmvtuh said:
D6cattleman, no i don't do livestock judging... yet. i'm in ffa but our chapter is super small and no one is joining. and i know of people who want to join but can't because my school won't put them in an ag class. and congrats on your title. btw i'm 15 and i've got 2 more years after this one to show at our fair down here.

AAOK, We are going to clip his neck down as tight as we can so it looks like he actually has one lol. And thank you for the tip about the asprin and paint.
Do you want to judge? If you do, you can ask your teacher and he can take you as an individual.Thanks. :D

i'm not my advisor/teacher's favorite person. so yea i'm actually thinking of going with my freind from another chapter so she dosn't have to go and i don't have to deal with her.

I like him. Take TX advise. We had a Kadabra made the same way in the rear legs, and in the front for that matter, and we left his toes a bit longer on advise from our hoof trimmer.

Good luck with him!!!

Grand Chaser":f8ao4cxd said:
i'm not my advisor/teacher's favorite person. so yea i'm actually thinking of going with my freind from another chapter so she dosn't have to go and i don't have to deal with her.
Good. As long as you get to go and try it out. Maybe ill see you at the best of the best judging contest. :D

Tracy740, i'll ask the trimmer to do that when i see him next time. and i will definantly try out the asprin trick at my next show.

d6cattleman, mabey you will one day. but when you do you better watch out ;-)

Grand Chaser":36llmif3 said:
Tracy740, i'll ask the trimmer to do that when i see him next time. and i will definantly try out the asprin trick at my next show.

Im always on the lookout. ;-) If you need any help, email me at [email protected]. I have some really good websites that will help you learn the ins and outs of judging.

d6cattleman":2g9eswk4 said:
Grand Chaser":2g9eswk4 said:

Im always on the lookout. ;-) If you need any help, email me at [email protected]. I have some really good websites that will help you learn the ins and outs of judging.

ok i probably will later on. thanks for the help to

Latest posts