My New Horse

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Just got back from my trip to Great Falls, MT. Weather was pretty good, but a little on the cool side. I went to look at a Trakhener mare that was for sale there. And I decided to buy her. Can't wait to get her home, but that will not be for 10 days or so. She's green broke, done a lot of trail riding and stuff like that. Seems pretty sensible and maybe a bit bossy, but we'll deal with that. Hoping to do some Jumping and Dressage with her, and of course she will have to learn a bit of cow work too....

DSC015051.jpg

DSC015061.jpg

DSC015121.jpg

DSC015131.jpg

I luv herfrds":2ychs912 said:
YOU WERE THAT CLOSE AND DIDN'T LET ME KNOW SO WE COULD MEET!!!

Nice horse!

Where are you at ILH? For some reason I have it stuck it in my head that you are on the eastern side of Montana! Now I feel bad.....

Fort Benton. Just 70 miles from Great Falls to our place. The town is around 40 miles away from Great Falls.

Well, geez. We stopped in Fort Benton on the way back. Wanted to see the fort. What a beautiful town. I am sure I will be back down that way again, it is only about 3-3 1/2 hours from our place.

No, we walked along the river, had a look through the old Fort, since the museum was closed and ate at a little sandwich shop. We were there Tuesday. And we just had the car. We are meeting in Malta, when the paperwork is all done.

The Wake Cup Coffee Shop?
Good place to eat. Only other place I recommend is the L and R Sandwich Shop.

Just wish I had known. :(

She's a lovely tall girl, seems like quite a bit of Thoroughbred influence in her too. How old is she Randi? Enjoy her :D

Nice looking mare!

The angle of her shoulder and the slope of her hindquarter looks like she'd have a fairly springy trot and decent build for a jumper. Looks like she's got solid gaskins already, good thing if you plan to work her with cows.

Have fun with her, at her age you've got many, many good years ahead with her.

It may be 2012, but I'd love to have an Abdullah offspring.

I can see you two now, all collected, on the bit, and hal-passing your way diagonally across, then into a few piaffs. Then clearing the water obstacle, lead change into a triple combination! All clean round of course.

Have fun with her.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":2045djop said:
ALACOWMAN":2045djop said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2045djop said:
Great looking horse.

What is your type Alacowman? http://www.equilinktimes.com/wp-content ... A_Logo.jpg

Good taste, as long as there's no Impressive in the lines, carrier or no carrier. My favorite line is the King line. Hancocks a close second. Clearly I'm partial to the "older" type.

Katherine
dont want no halter horse ...the only impressive blood ive had, was in a colt on a Otoe grandaughter pair i bought.. then i traded the colt and some boot for a Doc bar bred,, gelding..

I luv herfrds":2uqclv9j said:
The Wake Cup Coffee Shop?
Good place to eat. Only other place I recommend is the L and R Sandwich Shop.

Just wish I had known. :(

I think it was L&R Sandwich shop. The sandwiches were really good! We will have to plan a meeting sometime!

Thanks everyone, for all the comments.
Alison, her dam is a Thoroughbred. Her sire is Feurtanzer, if anyone knows anything about that. She is rising 5. And about 15.3 hh.

Workinonit, thanks for the critique. I think she looks quite well built, but of course this is the first horse I've ever bought with English events in mind. She won't get a ton of 'real' cow work, mostly just trailing the herd. And some work in the Stockyards too. She was really nice to ride, but quite green. Seemed quite willing. Who is Abdullah? I can't quite see us at that level yet, but it sure is something to strive for!

Latest posts