My Name Is Bez__ ...........

Help Support CattleToday:

Bez__

Reaction score
The far east corner of Ontario - cheap beer in Que
Been away for bit - doing some light traveling.

Got a call today from some wannabe farmer type that talks with a funny accent and runs a store and sells roofing materials. He lives in one of those hot States and does not know what snow is.

He gave me a bit of a rough ride - as only some of those dam(n)ed southerner types can do - about my wife's bull - that I call Hussein O.

He actually told me that even though my wife bought Hussein O - because it was on the farm I owned it as well!

The conversation went down hill a bit from that point on.

While I am sure it was supposed to be a friendly call - it did get a little rough when he started calling me a turn coat - so I cussed him out a bit and told him he needed to get a bit of a clue about how red and white do not swim every day in the pond - they eat and they grow.

He got a bit huffy with me - so it is probably better that he called me from his office - obviously his job is far less demanding than mine because he actually has time to call folks and insult them to boot!

After we got off the telephone with him, I realized that the black POS that is locked in the pen is probably going to be doing some breeding of red and white cows on the place. I cannot fight this as I cannot afford to pay the old girl - who I have been supporting for so many years - her share of the farm.

Anyone tells her I said this and I will hunt you down!

Seeing as the gal that bought him has been married to me for more than 35 years I am unable to trade her off.

So I have to suck it up and admit to it.

I know there will be some folks here who tell me it is a good move (not to keep the wife, but to have a black bull) and I know some folks here will get a bit of a kick out of the personal angst I have been going through.

However I can promise that you will never see a pic of the calves born out of Hussein O - they will simply go straight to where they should go - the slaughter house.

So after some thought and a pretty heated argument and some serious insults from that southern roofer type guy - I have decided to give in - but just a little bit.

So I will tell it straight and I will tell it true - much like AA - I now will stand up and publicly say it:

"My name is Bez__ and I own a black bull."

May God help me

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad that you were able to get some rehab Bez!!!
Acceptance is the first step to recovery! You should do well with the wife now.

I have a pilot scheduled for some fly over photography next spring for when those calves hit the ground. Those black bodies and white faces should show up real well! ;-)

LOL - Sounds like I need to meet this guy. Talks funny, doesn't know what snow is. I noticed that you've been away for a while. I do have one question for you.

did you take the key with you when you were traveling or did you just make the observation that the bull was locked up when you left and lock up when you returned.

M5farm":2snezonr said:
LOL - Sounds like I need to meet this guy. Talks funny, doesn't know what snow is. I noticed that you've been away for a while. I do have one question for you.

did you take the key with you when you were traveling or did you just make the observation that the bull was locked up when you left and lock up when you returned.

I think you are that guy. :lol2:

Deepsouth":3thhuuto said:
M5farm":3thhuuto said:

Are you saying I talk funny ?

that's the pot calling the kettle black DS

M5farm":raeun6vd said:
Deepsouth":raeun6vd said:
M5farm":raeun6vd said:

Are you saying I talk funny ?

that's the pot calling the kettle black DS

:???:

Bez__":2hdrnudu said:
"My name is Bez__ and I own a black bull."

May God help me

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

You'll be okay. You will make it through this. Just take it one day at a time.

Recite the Serenity Prayer at every opportunity!

;-) 8)

Katherine

Bez, I'm a lot like you.. As long as I have MY way, there ain't gonna be a black bull on this place either... I'll go a step further and say there probably won't be an Angus on this place, red or black. Red/Gold works nice for me.

You want black cows, come look at mine at night!

M5, you're a good friend and a true gentleman to have taken it upon yourself to perform that 'intervention' all alone...

Bez, all you men never cease to amaze me with the depth of sacrifice you're willing to make for your adoring brides...

I'm guessing Bez must like him a lot since he is keeping his calves at his house! :eek:

Straight from the horses mouth!

Bez__":1egzyx6j said:
However I can promise that...they will simply go straight to where they should go - the...house.

Bez I had a lady from up North come to look at some bulls a few months ago . There were 2 that I had that would fit her program nicely and add to the herd , she said she wasn't interested in a black bull and will never own one , she wants red only . Guess who now has a blk bull . She named him Zorro and when I talked to her last , her exact words were " I LOVE my bull , I especially like that my BIL is jealous that he is in with my herd and not his ."

Granted it is a GV bull not Angus , but color is relative when finding a good bull that works well in your program . I am glad you finally came clean :lol: Good luck with your bull, I mean your wife's bull . ;-)

Bez you seem to have made your first mistake 35 years ago! I am disappointed in you to say the least! There will be no black bulls here agin in my life time, unless its the neighbors. The neighbors will have a dam short stay. Even my dog detests those ugly things.

No offense, but yea I do get a kick out of your angst :cowboy:
Can't wait for next years thread
MY NAME IS BEZ .... and I LOVE BALDIES!! :lol2: :mrgreen:

My condolences to you.

Murphy's Law will come in to play I am sure. He'll never get struck by lightening. Never get sick.

Baldies do sell well.

backhoeboogie":2bzq9e0d said:
My condolences to you.

Murphy's Law will come in to play I am sure. He'll never get struck by lightening. Never get sick.

Baldies do sell well.

exactly! ^ : )

Latest posts