My loss

Help Support CattleToday:

alexfarms

Reaction score
Just feeling sorry for myself, of course. I lost my mother last night. She would have been 90 years old in 12 days. She gave birth to 8 children in 9 years and 11 days and worked as a registered nurse until she was nearly 70. I never knew anyone who was more ethical at just the right moment...maybe that was the nurses training. This worlds greatest treasures are in heaven.

She sounds like a wonderful person.. You were very blessed to have known her and to have been her child.. Please remember the good times.

Sorry for your loss, 90yrs is a mighty good age. I'm going to need all the family and friends I can get when my mom passes, I am very close to her - I can only try and imagine how you are feeling.

Alex someone sent me this when my mom died 2 years ago. She was 92. "May the Lord give you HIS peace"

THE DASH

I read of a man who stood to speak at the funeral of a friend
He referred to the dates on her tombstone from the beginning to the end.
He noted that first came the date of her birth and spoke of the following date with tears,
But he said what mattered most of all was the dash between those years.

For that dash represents all the time that she spent alive on earth...
And now only those who loved her know what that little line is worth.

For it matters not, how much we own; the cars .... the house... the cash.
What matters is how we live and love and how we spend our dash.

So think about this long and hard ... are there things you'd like to change?
For you never know how much time is left. (You could be at "dash mid-range")

If we could just slow down enough to consider what's true and real,
And always try to understand the way other people feel.

And be less quick to anger, and show appreciation more,
And love the people in our lives like we've never loved before.

If we treat each other with respect and more often wear a smile...
Remembering that this special dash might only last a little while.

So, when your eulogy's being read with your life's actions to rehash...
Would you be proud of the things they say about how you spend your dash??

The good lord promises us three score and ten. So your mom had to be special to get another score of years. Remember to go do something you both liked doing together. Very sorry for your lose.

She lives on not only in your memories, but also in the children she blessed this earth with. May you be at peace.

I haven't been thru it myself so I cannot imagine your pain
but I have lost 2 mothers in law and a father in law and I know the stress it put on their children and family
all I can say is remember what a fine person she was and how much she loved you and you loved her and she will always be with you
Our sympathies and prayers

I am very sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose your mother. I lost mine to dementia and strokes a little over two years ago, and every now and again, I'll find something of her's and it still has her smell on it. Kinda her perfume and just HER smell. It makes me happy and sad all at once.

Latest posts