my how things change

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
So this is a picture of our bee yard in july. Green grass, honey supers, sunshine, and most of all warmth

http://cattletoday.com/photos/data/500/medium/bee_yard_2.JPG

this is our bee yard now. All they need is bales around for protection from the wind before the temp drops to -20 or so.

http://cattletoday.com/photos/data/500/medium/cattle_nov21_2007_028.jpg

How only a few months (4) can change the land scape

bee_yard_2.JPG

cattle_nov21_2007_028.jpg
[/img]

I use photobucket and follow their directions, but for yours it worked to just put
b]%20%20%20%20in%20front%20of%20each%20of%20the%20links%20you%20posted%20and%20%20%20[b]
at the end.

(not sure how you got those links myself! :oops: many hands makes fast work or something like that. ;-) )

That's pretty neat. Bees and their social structure amaze me. Very interesting little creatures.

cfpinz

You know what they say "give bees a chance".

Brrrrrrrr RR, our forecast for this week is terrible also, no snow but a high of -15 celsius :cry: .

I hate winter, I hate winter, I hate winter, I hate winter, I hate winter.. :mad:

I said this to my husband today and he said that I am a pathetic Albertan :( It was way more fun as a kid in the Canadian winters ;-) .

I woke up this morning and realized what an idiot i was...I used the italic key rather than the image key..."L".
Hillsdown, we are to be just as cold today. And those Manitoba winters are pretty brutal too.

My husband has to feed today....He is not looking forward to it..
cattle_nov21_2007_009.jpg

It's cold.

I previewed it....it worked :shock:

Got introduced to fireweed honey this past summer...Susie traded sausages for a gallon of it.
Spent some time talking with one of the local bee keepers...quite a education.
Dmc

LA, I am assuming you are taking about the winter pics. They are 4 hives bundled on a pallet and then wrapped. When hubby gets a free moment he will pile bales around the apairy to protect from the wind.
In the summer they are a riding lawn mower width apart for this site. There is a gate at each end. This allows for the four wheeler and the trailer to go straight down the center making it easier to lift off the heavy suppers.
Our next site will be bigger for more hives.

Last night the temp was -25 celcius, with the wind, -32...it's not January is it?

rockridgecattle":feyu770h said:
Oh yes we do. Prevents things like the hive beelte or ants from getting into the hive. As well i'm suited up so it's fairly safe.

I guess it would be correct for me to say ya'll don't have the africanized killer bees up there yet. Cause ya sure wouldn't be mowing around them. Unfortunatly they have been a few people around here that have had a run in with them.

I had a bunch of bees to swarm my tractor while brush hoggin near the woods about a year ago. Don't know if they were the bad ones or not. I didn't open the door or window to ask them.

Cal

I really like the idea of people raising Bees. I am amazed at the jod Bees perform for our planet. Someone recently told me that the bees around the world have a Virus that has Immune type deficiency symptoms, has anyone else heard anything about that? I have no idea weather its fact or fiction.

Latest posts