My Garden Photo so far

Help Support CattleToday:

Looking good! My onions have been in the ground since February and not growing for some reason. Dang things are just staying alive with very little growth. Thought it would be a good year with the rain.

Thanks slick... how far did you plant your onions in the ground and did you apply fertilizer when you planted them?

I plant the length of my index finger. I didn't fertilize this year because it is where an old barn sat since 1951. We tore it down a couple of years back because it was starting to fall in. Last year was the first time anything was planted there, so I figured it should still be hot enough. Everything else is doing okay, tho.

2012-05-04_10-46-29_453.jpg

Hope you don't mind my adjusting your photo. That looks great! Your gonna be busy and have a few freezers full. :tiphat: You've done a great job keeping the weeks at bay with the onions and cabbage. What are the plants just to the left of the cabbage and what are those in the middle of the field? (I can't zoom with this computer)

Slick that is about right but i found onions like a lil 10-10-10 to get started .. Jogeephus nope sure don't mind... Well honestly no my freezers won't be full my family and neighbors and people i rent property from all come and eat from my garden as well as some good friends. Yea I use my cultivator to go down through the rows thank god for those or id hoeing for a week lol... To the left of the cabbage is peas some mustard salad and in the middle of the field is pepper plants and tomato plants. I plan on planting the rest of the garden this week which will include corn potatoes white and sweet more peas and string beans

you were right. Thanks there growing pretty well this year.. I hadn't broken up the ground in a couple years I was too busy/lazy and after garden was done last year i disced it up put 800lbs or so of 10-10-10 on the whole garden let it stay that way till feb. then I broke it up and disced it really well and then planted it. The stuff is growing super fast in there this year.

Latest posts