My first Pinkeye in 3 years?

Help Support CattleToday:

Increase your fly prevention- and you have covered all the bases.

I went thru this year at the start of an outbreak and put Scour Halt in all their eyes. It seemed to work real well to stop it.

Denver turned me on to draxxin for pinkeye. It's an excellent treatment. I thought it had been proven vetrecyn was just snake oil? I may be wrong. Seems I read that here.

I believe in Vetricin. I had a fungus that would not go away. Vetricin got rid of it fast. I also had a very bad rope burn, when I got one just like it before I had to get silver ointment and treated it forever it left a huge scar. Vetricin healed this one fast, stopped the pain and no scar.
Also had a dog with chronic staph infections Vetricin kept them cleaned up right away and stopped her licking.
Had a horse with chronic fungus spots on its heels- other stuff would make it go away and then it would be back again(for years). I treated with Vetricin for a month and never saw it again.

Bigfoot":2p5p10h5 said:
Denver turned me on to draxxin for pinkeye. It's an excellent treatment. I thought it had been proven vetrecyn was just snake oil? I may be wrong. Seems I read that here.

Draxxin is REALLY expensive out here! $6 a cc! I just bought a bottle of 20cc, $120 bucks, from my vet. Got it today.... about had Twinkies when I got the bill... :nod: At 1.1 ml per 100 pounds, that can get expensive on a big animal...

yes fire sweep its expensive but worth it an it also last 2 weeks. but if u use baytril at $102 for 100 ml an then u have 5 ml per 100 pounds its $5.10 for 100 pounds of treatment. also baytril only lasts 5 days.

I think I gave $3 and something a cc for mine. Had to buy a big bottle to get it that cheap.

Fire Sweep Ranch":2q1bh22w said:
Bigfoot":2q1bh22w said:

Draxxin is REALLY expensive out here! $6 a cc! I just bought a bottle of 20cc, $120 bucks, from my vet. Got it today.... about had Twinkies when I got the bill... :nod: At 1.1 ml per 100 pounds, that can get expensive on a big animal...
My vet also does that, he gets 7.50 a cc. But if you buy a 100cc bottle from a good Supplier it's 360$ to 385$, about half of what some vets get.

redsimangus":2hxplbk7 said:
yes fire sweep its expensive but worth it an it also last 2 weeks. but if u use baytril at $102 for 100 ml an then u have 5 ml per 100 pounds its $5.10 for 100 pounds of treatment. also baytril only lasts 5 days.
I can buy baytril for 52 cents a cc, so it would be 2.60 where draxxin is about 3.60. Enough cheaper it's ok for some things, but like you say it's not near the medicine. And I shoot alot of mine in darts so it's nice to give 1.1 per hundred instead of 5 per hundred.

Latest posts