My Filly

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Ivy1.jpg

This is one of my current projects. She is coming along very well, although rather slowly since I don't have enough time to work her every day. She is 3 years old, and I bought her at an auction as a weanling for $85. Partly because she had a nasty looking cut on her side and partly just because colts weren't worth much that year. She has come a long ways. Now she is quite a pet, and just started under saddle.

I had my first ride on her outside the round pen a couple days ago. She is one of the most motivated colts that I have started, and she sure can walk out. I was impressed since she just wanted to walk (even trot :D) out away from the corrals. Way different than most colts that you have to prod along. And no weaving here and there either. We only went out for about 10 min then I brought her back while everything was going well ;-) . The only thing I don't like about her is her size, she is still under 15 hh, and I like a big horse. Oh well, I'd rather have a smaller nice minded horse than a big bronc :lol: :lol:

Nice horse!, What kind of auction was it for $85? just the sale yard?

Alan

Alan":325lozip said:
Nice horse!, What kind of auction was it for $85? just the sale yard?

Alan

Thanks :D . Yes it was just the local auction barn. With the PMU going down, there are a lot of cheap horses to be had in the last few years.

Latest posts