My Dog

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
My dog might be old, fat, half crippled, and deaf. That sounds like someone describing me. But what she really excels at is relaxing. She takes that to a whole new level.

Bet she's a good buddy. Our dogs excel at relaxing too, but they love playing ball.

ccr said:
Bet she's a good buddy. Our dogs excel at relaxing too, but they love playing ball.

She is only good for about 4 or 5 tosses of the ball. She brings it back until she has had enough. Then she comes back with it and takes it 15 feet or so to the side and puts it down. She has had enough.
She was a real good cow dog until she went deaf. She would still work cows in a small pasture or the corral. The problem is she can't hear so she just does what she thinks needs to be done. That might differ from what I want. She rode the big circles in the high desert as a young dog. In those places it is not unusual to ride 20 miles in a day. The dogs covered a lot more miles than that. My neighbor says it is a badge of honor for a cow dog to live into old age. Most of them don't make.

Dave said:
callmefence said:

My dog has spent a life time working on BLM. No not that BLM (you went there just because she is black). She works on Bureau of Land Management.

That's ok I guess. But my dog scooter is completely unemployed. She sleeps 20-22 hours per day. Eats dog food with things like sea scallops and prime tenderloin. I'm a little ashamed of the picture because her blanky is messed up, and I guarantee you I scrambled right down stairs to straighten it out for her. There is only one thing on this Earth that deserves that kinda life. And it's my dog.

Lord have mercy Dave...your dog redefines "rough coat". Getting her dry in the wet side of WA must have required an extended spin in the washer! ;-)

A few years ago I had dry cereal for Breakfast. I didn't want to drink the left over milk so I poured it over her dog food. Now she waits to eat until she gets a splash of milk on her food.

76 Bar said:
Lord have mercy Dave...your dog redefines "rough coat". Getting her dry in the wet side of WA must have required an extended spin in the washer! ;-)
She does wool up pretty good in the winter. She is mostly Border Collie but not purebred. I am not sure where all that fur came from.

I have a doberman who turns 2 years old, he is everything, I love him so much and I'm very careful what I feed him and I always wondered Can dogs eat Calamari or other kind of food that eat we people, and reading on the internet I found out about all questions that I had. His favorite food is baked vegetables and meat.

IMG_20210101_064223_hdr.jpg
I think Maxx stayed up to late with the kids last night. They must have had quite a party, that's one of my dress boots I found him sleeping on!

I was always amazed at the ability of animals to disconnect from everything that happens around. This is an important skill of theirs that many people need to learn. People often fall into depression and other nervous conditions simply from the inability to disconnect and relax.

The wife's dog. She might make a cow dog some day. We are slowly getting a handle on her. A little too slowly for me but ...... she is the wife's dog.

Attachments

• P1232319.JPG
    P1232319.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts