Muscle Anyone?

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
BelgianBlues.jpg

I still think those things are grotesque. But I think the same thing of obese women in bikinis

dun

I saw the one on the right play the piano at my church one night and sing a special.

I have recently seen a jersey X belgium blue yearling heifer. She looked like a well muscled limousin heifer, she wasn't double muscled, but moved around very awkwardly, very postlegged.

Strangely enough the belgium blue sired calves are small at birth, but they are all terminal and not for breeding purposes.

Seems like the blue butts always win the swine show at our county fair. I think those two would fit right in. They sure have some nice hams.

KNERSIE":5wwy2qne said:
I have recently seen a jersey X belgium blue yearling heifer. She looked like a well muscled limousin heifer, she wasn't double muscled, but moved around very awkwardly, very postlegged.

Strangely enough the belgium blue sired calves are small at birth, but they are all terminal and not for breeding purposes.

There's a small to medium sized B Blue rancher about 30 miles from me. He doesn't have calving problems to speak of and said he's never done a C-section.

Ate one of his home grown T-Bone steaks one night and have to say that it was really good, tender, and HUGE!

Those cows take the heat pretty well too.

WHAT! I thought y'all were into fat rounds 8)

AND! that means more in the middle meats. :shock: :roll:

karlie45":88pwmfab said:
They are..um..not for me. They look like giant pigs..for a moment, I acutally thought that it was a photoshoped picture WITH pigs. (well sadly its not)

Don't we (those in the cattle industry) wish we could get the growth, reproduction, and feed efficiency of pigs! ;-)

MikeC":s8mc72g3 said:
karlie45":s8mc72g3 said:
They are..um..not for me. They look like giant pigs..for a moment, I acutally thought that it was a photoshoped picture WITH pigs. (well sadly its not)

Don't we (those in the cattle industry) wish we could get the growth, reproduction, and feed efficiency of pigs! ;-)

Well I don't know :( cattle on the hoof would maybe be 40- 50 cents a pound. :help:

mnmtranching":2lkw9phg said:
MikeC":2lkw9phg said:
karlie45":2lkw9phg said:

Well I don't know :( cattle on the hoof would maybe be 40- 50 cents a pound. :help:

But look how many more POUNDS you would have! Plus, it would take way less feed for gain.

H-m-m-m-m - - have any of you ever seen something like this riding an escalator in front of you? It is an experience to watch them hustle themselves off when it gets to the upper floor, and they hesitate slightly at the end of the belt, - - - and then step trippingly off the moving step onto the stationary floor - - - -and you are STILL moving toward them? :shock: :roll: :lol2: :arrow: Open the gate!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":6z78y5ya said:
H-m-m-m-m - - have any of you ever seen something like this riding an escalator in front of you? It is an experience to watch them hustle themselves off when it gets to the upper floor, and they hesitate slightly at the end of the belt, - - - and then step trippingly off the moving step onto the stationary floor - - - -and you are STILL moving toward them? :shock: :roll: :lol2: :arrow: Open the gate!

DOC HARRIS
my eight grade teacher looked like that from behind you ought to have seen her in a pair of high heels i don't know how much pressure she put on those things but if she stepped on you it would punch a hole plumb though ;-)

DOC HARRIS":2mpy0uay said:

DOC HARRIS

Doc, What you call the opposite of a "Funnel Butt"? :lol:

MikeC - I call them "Broad Beams", but that connotation doesn't seem to have the panache - or - flamboyance that "Funnel Butt" seems to carry! "Funnel Butt" is so descriptive - - in a rather 'pointed' sort of way! The term "Broad Beam" evokes images to the imaginative mind which propounds poetic imageries of tessalation - albeit on a more egregious - more abundant - even in a more tautological manner than is cogent for the moment - - thereby retroceding to the original talking point of the post - "Broad Beams"! They are wide, deep, thick and abundant!

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts