Murray Grey AI Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

gberry

Reaction score
Here are photos of some Murray Grey AI Bulls. I have used several of these bulls and have some decent calves out of Orlando, Gambler and Power. I have cows bred to some of the others. Any opinions on the phenotypes of these bulls?

Unity U99
Willalooka_Unity_U99.jpg

Twin Fir Orlando
Twin_Fir_Orlando.jpg

Lindale Hobo
Lindale_Hobo.jpg

Marire Gambler
Marire_Gambler.jpg

Willalooka Power
Willalooka_Power.jpg

Just Because
Eagles_Run_Just_Because.jpg

Willalooka Pharoah
Willalooka_Pharaoh.jpg

Kauri
Eagles_Run_Kauri_288S.jpg

Appears to me his so called sway back just might be the way he is being posed!!!!
Had he really be sway backed I doubt that he would have gotten points from the judges to end up a winner, before I would judge to critcal i would certainally want more pictures.
But then ttclm I mean tmbs'er doens't look at the whole picture when he comment anyway, just has to try slam something without knowing the whole story.

TNMasterBeefProducer":vrsd5t8b said:
The rest of them look good except for the twin fir orlando. He is sway back looking. I like the unity 99 real well.
Actually, I agree with you about the swayback. I did, however, use him. He throws some thick, growthy calves, but they all have a little dip right behind the shoulder.

Appearance-wise, I like the top one, Just Because and Kauri. Before using them, I would need to know their frame score, birthweights,
and tenderness gene test results. I do admit being partial to the silver color Murrays. We are using these 3 and have been quite
satisfied with the results, both for breeding stock and for beef:

Rockliffe Patron:

R_Patron.jpg

JOPA Elation Power:

jopaElationPower.jpg

and Silverdawn Jumbo:
2404Jumbo.jpg

P.S. some semen will be sold in the Oct 26th-Nov 1st internet auction
located at: http://www.murraygrey.net/cgi-bin/auction.pl

They are good looking bulls. Before I considered using them, I would have to see their EPDs and only Patron has them available as best I can tell.

Correct - only Patron was enrolled in the EPD system. We have not found it to be cost
effective to get involved with that system and pay the fees. When we started out in
1995 our initial aim was just to produce beef so the DNA tenderness testing was of most
interest to us when it came along. :D

gberry":39xk00jd said:
Unity is a Willalooka bull.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Thanks gberry, you just made my day.

Made an arse out of myself there, didnt I?? :oops:

So I suppose I will have to change my statement and say ORDINARILY I stay away from Willalooka, but I would definitely be tempted by Unity.

I thought it was funny. If I don't make an arse out of myself once a day, I feel like I'm not on top of my game.

We have some really nice weanling Lindale Hobo calves right now. Very impressed with them. And most our registered Murray Grey cows are bred to Rockcliffe Patron. So we are excited to see what that brings.

We have also really liked our Willalooka Power stuff. For what its worth. Pharaoh has been decent too.

Latest posts