Multimin

Help Support CattleToday:

jallen

Reaction score
How fast can it kick in and make a difference? I bought some breds and pairs 8 days ago. The two pairs weren't milking much at all. One has a two week old calf the other I'd guess 35-40 days old. The older calf is pot bellied and you can tell it's not had much milk. I gave the Multimin and wormed with dectomax on 12/23 and left town for Christmas getting back last night 12/25. Was off today and got to watch the cows a bunch today. I can't tell any difference in how much the cows are milking but the calves have nursed lioe crazy all day. The first 5 days I had these cows I saw each calf nurse one time each. Can Multimin make a difference that quick?

I'd worm with another chemistry now too.
On the thin last chance cows I was bringing in a few years ago they got multimin and vitamin B complex as well as a good round of worming twice.
Synanthic and dectomax in that order.
Throw some protein and energy to those cows too. You have lost time to make up for.
As for your question I don't know how long it takes. I always thought of it as a step in the program.

Worm them again already? The dectomax was done Friday. I was thinking maybe again in 30 days but admittedly I don't know squat. The guy I bought says he used pour on before I picked them up but who knows. These cows aren't bad thin other than one bred and the two with calves on them. Im not talking walking skeletons just need some nutrition. I have fed them some but mainly to get them going in the pen good. I will look into worming again soon. I have no intention of keeping these cows long term FWIW. It's a small group of 9. I've been watching them hard to keep an eye out for issues. So far they are grazing the green grass like crazy and putting a good dent in the minerals.

I have only given multimin to incoming calves. Can't say it's made a "noticeable" difference, but at a couple three dollars a shot, it's worth it to me. I didn't know it was necessarily to help cows milk?

jallen":2adsc1bi said:
Worm them again already? The dectomax was done Friday. I was thinking maybe again in 30 days but admittedly I don't know squat. The guy I bought says he used pour on before I picked them up but who knows. These cows aren't bad thin other than one bred and the two with calves on them. Im not talking walking skeletons just need some nutrition. I have fed them some but mainly to get them going in the pen good. I will look into worming again soon. I have no intention of keeping these cows long term FWIW. It's a small group of 9. I've been watching them hard to keep an eye out for issues. So far they are grazing the green grass like crazy and putting a good dent in the minerals.
Well I shouldn't have put the "now" in there but I do mine a few weeks to 30 days apart.
If they are problem cattle or unknown.

I'm not saying it is to help them milk. I've just noticed a big difference in the calves nursing after giving it.

Bigfoot":22rmmg5b said:
I have only given multimin to incoming calves. Can't say it's made a "noticeable" difference, but at a couple three dollars a shot, it's worth it to me. I didn't know it was necessarily to help cows milk?

jallen":3jmzvfdu said:
YOu just identified your problem. Multimin doesn't make milk. Feed does. Good feed !!

TexasBred":269fqera said:
jallen":269fqera said:
YOu just identified your problem. Multimin doesn't make milk. Feed does. Good feed !!
That's why I said throw protein and energy to them.
They need both right now to recover and produce milk.
Not telling you that TB, you know that. Throwing it out for anyone that's getting started.

jedstivers":bdwaa7rb said:
TexasBred":bdwaa7rb said:
jallen":bdwaa7rb said:
That's why I said throw protein and energy to them.
They need both right now to recover and produce milk.
Not telling you that TB, you know that. Throwing it out for anyone that's getting started.
;-)

Had some problems with calves one year gave it seemed to help. The next year gave it to first calf. Died 2 days later. Hauled to breathit state lab they said overdose. Put bottle in trash no more problems.

Latest posts