Multi min 90

Help Support CattleToday:

We give every calf a shot of Multimin at birth. They have been strong and we see less illness. We are selenium deficient in our area. We used to give just Se, but figured if we're giving a shot might as well give one that has 4 minerals. According to the vet, the Mutlimin can help boost older calves' immune system so if given before weaning it will help get a better response from vaccines.

I give it at weaning for any thing we are going to retain. Bulls get it when they go out to breed and when they come back. Heifers get it before they go out to breed. Any thing sick gets it.

It's cheap insurance in my opinion, especially with weaning calves. So much of every thing these animals do is tied to minerals.

I give it at weaning for any thing we are going to retain. Bulls get it when they go out to breed and when they come back. Heifers get it before they go out to breed. Any thing sick gets it.

It's cheap insurance in my opinion, especially with weaning calves. So much of every thing these animals do is tied to minerals.
Hey Brute23 I've been meaning to ask you, since you're in the gulf coast which sales barn do you take your cattle to?

Hey Brute23 I've been meaning to ask you, since you're in the gulf coast which sales barn do you take your cattle to?
Cuero is one of the most consistent sales from pretty much I10 to Mexico if you have enough quality animals to justify the drive. Alice, Beeville, Halletsville, Nixon, Gonzales are all decent sales to drop a few in on just to save the hauling. They can be hot one week and not the other though in my experience.

I'm not familiar with sales on the upper coast like Bay City and up that way so I'm probably no help to you. 😄

Last edited: