Mr. Jogeephus-

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
Yolanda Amadeo was saying something while ago about soaking rains saturday and sunday. that woman has done fell off of her rocker!

That woman has cost me a small fortune. She'll say less than 30% and we'll cut hay and it'll rain. She said 70% chance of rain so I sprig bermuda - 7 weeks later still no rain. But you know the odds are in her favor now. Maybe it will rain. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then. :lol:

Jogeephus":2ew7mrnu said:
That woman has cost me a small fortune. She'll say less than 30% and we'll cut hay and it'll rain. She said 70% chance of rain so I sprig bermuda - 7 weeks later still no rain. But you know the odds are in her favor now. Maybe it will rain. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then. :lol:

Don't you know that the higher the percentage, the less likely it will happen when it comes to the weather? :lol: :lol:

Weather liars have it made. If anyone else screwed up that often they'd be fired! :lol2: I think I missed my calling.

cfpinz

i do have an interest in metorology, and bein a storm chaser would be fun too. they get paid a crap ton to tell people what the weathers gonna be like and half the time they aint even right. and every station you tune into has something different. :oops:

Well, I gotta hand it to Yolanda. Seems she missed the rain but she got it right about it being smoky today. :roll:

Great line of employment....only have to be right less that half the time and still keep your job.

I look at the sattelite immages and make my own decisions...having a cronie that retired from the Nat Weather Service helps too...course he's worng pretty much of the time too.
DMc

praise the Lord and yolanda amadeo, i just got 7/10ths of rain!!!!!!

she dang sure was right about the smoke. it was just a miserable day. it was like we were surrounded by fire all day. sure hope yall get some rain out of this. should be over there right about now.

Good deal Beefy!!!! We got from 6/10ths to nothing depending on where the gauge was. The newly sprigged field got 1/10th of a 1/10th. This makes 8 weeks with no measurable rainfall. It is going to be interesting to see how long sprigs can last without water. I am definitely losing my tail this year and am about to get depressed.

that is sad. but what doesnt make sense to me is that we got 7 and a half inches of rain last saturday and sunday and people starting planting again tuesday. after all the flooding you would think it would be awfully muddy. i hope ya'll start getttin some rain.

Beefy
I know you are just east of me a little bit and we got 2 inches saturday night and THANK THE GOOD LORD... Some Idiot started a woods fire sunday night in a head that connects to our back 40. If not for the rain saturday everything around us would have went up in flames.

Latest posts