Mr. Hereford 11X

Help Support CattleToday:

hereford_jock

Reaction score
I just got my Topp Herefords 2011 ai directory and came across the 11X bull. A 719T son that is good patterned and pigmentent. I was just curious to others views on this bull

is that the bull who topped their sale? lot 17 I think? If so he struck me as the mirror image of his sire, 719T sure seems to be proving out as a calving ease sire with some grow. If this isn't the bull please disregard the preceding comment! :D

hereford_jock":16wqb3k5 said:
I just got my Topp Herefords 2011 ai directory and came across the 11X bull. A 719T son that is good patterned and pigmentent. I was just curious to others views on this bull

Send me an e-mail

hereford_jock":3elpbs72 said:

he looks well put together in the pic. That is all I know about him.

As far as the A-I directory why would you try and push a bull with 107 lb B.W. That seems extreme to me.I am talking about the protege 74x bull. It doesnt say he was an E.T. calf.

robert":3dqk86z2 said:
is that the bull who topped their sale? lot 17 I think? If so he struck me as the mirror image of his sire, 719T sure seems to be proving out as a calving ease sire with some grow. If this isn't the bull please disregard the preceding comment! :D
Yes it is that bull. I really like how this bull is bred, 71i, 19d, tank, and rock soild 3L, this bull should really be a maternal powerhouse. Robert, did you see the bull in person?

no, didn't make it out to the sale but he caught my eye in the sale flyer

Good looking prospect, but I've been waiting on 719T daughters to get into production before making up my mind on using him.

Concerning 719T, it says in the brochure: First daughters appear to be impressively uddered.

My question is: Why would you want to use the unproven son, when using the much more proven sire is about half the price?

George

Herefords.US":3b20878c said:
My question is: Why would you want to use the unproven son, when using the much more proven sire is about half the price?George

Bingo!

Herefords.US":3qv9sd9a said:
My question is: Why would you want to use the unproven son, when using the much more proven sire is about half the price?

George

I like this bulls pattern and style better, plus i like the punch of tank and rock soild it gives you. The only thing that scares me about using 11x is he is yes, Unproven, and most of all, his mother is still unproven.

Also i like how 719T looks in his pictures but im really not much impressed with his video. I saw Knernsie said much of the same a while back.

Anyone have/seen any 719T daughters?

Does anyone have a picture to post?

Or is there a link to the Topp AI directory on the net? I have always liked the bulls from the topp program. Thanks

hereford_jock":2x4d6qst said:
Herefords.US":2x4d6qst said:

George

I like this bulls pattern and style better, plus i like the punch of tank and rock soild it gives you. The only thing that scares me about using 11x is he is yes, Unproven, and most of all, his mother is still unproven.

Also i like how 719T looks in his pictures but im really not much impressed with his video. I saw Knernsie said much of the same a while back.

I am getting ready to breed about 30 of them. They will nock your socks off. They are every bit as good as their brothers. Great udders pigmentation and extremely low birth weights.

I am breeding them all to the Tundra son (74x) Can't wait for that match. He will replace his sire big time.

cowtex":1l9f58gf said:
hereford_jock":1l9f58gf said:
Herefords.US":1l9f58gf said:

George

I am getting ready to breed about 30 of them. They will nock your socks off. They are every bit as good as their brothers. Great udders pigmentation and extremely low birth weights.

I am breeding them all to the Tundra son (74x) Can't wait for that match. He will replace his sire big time.

Do you mind sharing a few pics of the 719T get? You can e-mail or pm me if you prefer.

cowtex":3lw6vwss said:
hereford_jock":3lw6vwss said:
Herefords.US":3lw6vwss said:

George

Are you by chance located in North or South Dakota? Are they out of registered or commercial females? I am interested in looking at some 719T progeny in production before I decide to use or not use the bull. Email or PM me if you want to.

Thanks

Brian

Latest posts