Moving to the farm!

Help Support CattleToday:

sidney411

Reaction score
We signed the papers on our "city house" yesterday (Yeah, I know - Sunday, the buyers are real anxious to get it) We have to be out by the 15th of Dec. We're moving to the farm! I couldn't be more hapier, we spend most of our time there anyway. Hopefully we'll be able to start building our new house at the begining of next year.

Congratulations! That is wonderful. I think you will enjoy being able to look out of your window at the cows.

Do you have a place to stay while you are in between houses?

Congratulations. In retrospect I would have spent less on the house and more on the barn, priorities I guess. Seen something a few years back that I thought was interesting. Owners built a 40x100 pole barn, made the first 30' into an apartment and the other 70' into livestock barn. Lived there until they built their permanent house. Personally I would've never moved out of the barn.

cfpinz

congrats on moving to the farm.it will make things alot easier for you.but youll be working non stop.

Thanks guys! We'll be living with my M-I-L until we can get the house completed. That's fine though, we're there usually 4-5 days a week anyway now. I think it will be a trade out in work, we'll be quiting the lawncare business when we move. :D

Congrads. I wish you and yours well. Me and mine are moving to west TX. Really big change. I hope I will (I will) be as happy about it as you are.

I know you are so happy!!!!! Can hardly wait until we move to our farm. Wishing you the best! Donna

How exciting for you! I can understand you wanting to live on the farm...won't go into how I know...but I do. I'm sure you are as anxious to get there as the people that bought your house are to have it. This is sweet...!

Alice

Congrats Sidney on the sale and upcoming move. I know you will be happy to be out on the farm full time except for during the day job hrs. And bigbull she already works nonstop full time.

Congrats again.

It should Ryder - I heard them down in the creek this morning as I was leaving for work. Man was it hard to make myself get in that car and not head to the creek!

Guess what! I also sold out all my heifers last night too! Things are really going good for a change - I am so happy right now!!!!

cfpinz":1vcet464 said:
Congratulations. In retrospect I would have spent less on the house and more on the barn, priorities I guess. Seen something a few years back that I thought was interesting. Owners built a 40x100 pole barn, made the first 30' into an apartment and the other 70' into livestock barn. Lived there until they built their permanent house. Personally I would've never moved out of the barn.

cfpinz

That's what I would have done when I built my barn if I was singles. Couldn't quite convince the wife to live in the barn though. :(

Chris

Oh,I wish I was young and just starting out!!!(Knowing what I know now,of course.) :lol: :lol:

Latest posts