Mother Russia

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
The beef processing plant is under construction and will be launched this fall. BMC plans to have one of the largest and fastest growing beef cattle operations in the world with a production target of 4,000 cattle/week to be processed per eight-hour shift.

Miratorg's beef holdings make it the world's largest vertically integrated beef production operation with 110,000 cows now, and plans to expand to 225,000 cows in the next three years. There is currently a 49,000-head feedlot, with the opening anticipated by September of another 45,000-head feedlot currently under construction and a new high-tech meat processing and packing plant located one mile from the feedlot. In addition to its beef holdings, Miratorg is the largest pork producer in Russia and is among the country's top five poultry producers.

The entire operation is owned by two stockholders, Russian businessmen with extensive experience and success in agribusiness. The company has integrated beef, pork and poultry enterprises from conception to retail distribution with annual production goals of 3 million pigs, 50 million broilers and 200,000 cattle. Miratorg employs 16,000 people in 16 Russian regions.

Starting in 2011, Miratorg's subsidiary, Bryansk Meat Company (BMC), began a new project with the importation of 125,000 Black Angus heifers from Australia and America. Located in the Bryansk region of Russia, BMC is one of the largest and fastest-growing beef cattle operations in the world.

http://beefmagazine.com/beef-quality/mo ... oes-russia

So now we all have to quit raising beef to mitigate the greenhouse gasses produced on the other side of the world :hide: :lol2:

Either that or pretend we are Al Gore and buy some carbon credits :frowns:

I bet they don't have the government holding them back. The EPA and FDA make things very costly for us in this country. I saw dumbo and putin on the front page of Fox news this morning somethings up I'm sure.

The old saw "they don't make land anymore" is not totally true. Lots of new acreage is going into ag production in South America, and to a lesser extent in Africa. Also, some of the existing land in places like Europe is going into more productive crops. The production from this new or improved ag land is part of the reason you see farms going back to trees or CRP grass in less productive parts of the US. We are a high cost ag producer in some areas. :(

Now that $7 corn, and a lot of sunk grain farming investments, are behind us - - we can expect producers world wide to look for other higher value/higher profit enterprises. Meat production is an obvious one. The question is are these new meat producers going to supply increased consumption, or are they going to displace someone else?

highgrit":1k4wy5ln said:
I bet they don't have the government holding them back. The EPA and FDA make things very costly for us in this country. I saw dumbo and putin on the front page of Fox news this morning somethings up I'm sure.
Russian gov't is scared to death of Russian Mafia....these two are probably part of the latter.

Well, yesterday Argentina defaulted on their international loans. Couldn't pay off the back interest they owed. Today Russia announced counter measures to the U.S. and EU sanctions pertaining to the Ukraine situation. So far we still believe in the rule of law here in the good ole U.S.A. This is still a safe place to earn a living.

NWMoAngus":31w8eike said:
Well, yesterday Argentina defaulted on their international loans. Couldn't pay off the back interest they owed. Today Russia announced counter measures to the U.S. and EU sanctions pertaining to the Ukraine situation. So far we still believe in the rule of law here in the good ole U.S.A. This is still a safe place to earn a living.
I would expect many companies would avoid investing in both those places.

Latest posts