Mosquitoes

Help Support CattleToday:

la4angus

Reaction score
I found out last week that if you take a sheet of Bounce and put it in your pockets when outside that mosquitoes won't bother you. We tried it and it sure keeps mosquitoes away.

Interesting... Thanks for the tip... I sure hate me some mosquitos

I have heard that before but have never tried it. For some reason I don't get bitten that much. Probably not sweet enough!

Lammie":3kzy7371 said:
I have heard that before but have never tried it. For some reason I don't get bitten that much. Probably not sweet enough!

My wife is one of those that must look like an all you can eat buffet to biting bugs. Skeeters, ticks, chiggers they all love her. She tried the Bounce deal and it didn;t help, she thought it may have even attracted more. But I didn;t use it and I didn't get bitten. Kind of like the sulfur bag to keep ticks away, works for some folks but I've never needed it. But the elephant repellant in the front yard seems to work.

dun

The liscense is required for the skeeters that are crossbred with wild turkeys, not because there is a dwindling population, but the taxidermists are to busy

Best thing I found was just don't bathe, and after few hot day's, nothing will bother you, including your pet bull.

Roadapple":3c47lxj7 said:
Best thing I found was just don't bathe, and after few hot day's, nothing will bother you, including your pet bull.

That must be the reason they don;t bother me. Not due for my annual all over bath for another couple of months

dun

la4angus":aed15yf5 said:
I found out last week that if you take a sheet of Bounce and put it in your pockets when outside that mosquitoes won't bother you. We tried it and it sure keeps mosquitoes away.

Just something that came to mind....

When you throw one of those bounce thingies in the dryer with your clothes how come they still bite?

Mike

Roadapple":g390lgul said:

this is true especially for gnats. gnats are very tiny flying insects, think of a fly but a lot smaller and 4 times as annoying.

Beefy":3o2dlxkx said:
Roadapple":3o2dlxkx said:

this is true especially for gnats. gnats are very tiny flying insects, think of a fly but a lot smaller and 4 times as annoying.

yeah. and they go straight for your ears or nose! SSS has something that is supposed to work for them. it keeps about 25% at bay, but the other 100% are still annoying you.

cowgirl580+":2dh1yusa said:
Beefy":2dh1yusa said:
Roadapple":2dh1yusa said:

yeah. and they go straight for your ears or nose! SSS has something that is supposed to work for them. it keeps about 25% at bay, but the other 100% are still annoying you.

you funny! 125%. But you right! Dang I hate those things! skeeters dont bite me much, i have rotten blood running i guess.

Maby it's just a mind thing, but i've found that rubbing vannila flavoring on your face and arms seems to help keep knats away.

Cal

I've read that vanilla extract works too, and also apple cider vinegar. Hav'nt tried either, but am fixing to. Don't know how you use the ACV, maybe you drink it. :D

Roadapple":3otgo9j6 said:
I've read that vanilla extract works too, and also apple cider vinegar. Hav'nt tried either, but am fixing to. Don't know how you use the ACV, maybe you drink it. :D

i do believe you are correct. you're also supposed/recommened to drink a cup of ACV a day to help improve health.

Rubbing vanilla extract and vinegor on?

Bet the nats arent the only thing that stay away :lol:

Once I tried black pepper. It is supposed to keep em away.
I tried it and after about the 5th use you start noticing that your skin is starting to burn like mad.

Caustic Burno":1zcwm6i3 said:
Heck ours have landing lights and sound like a Cobra chopper on an attack run.

I was sitting on the back porch last night. One landed on each shoulder, they started beating their wings and away we went. They stopped at the nearby treeline. One asked the other "do you want to eat him here". The other one answered
" yeah, we better, if we go into the woods the bigger ones will get him".

i had a stray cat show up the other day. i want to feed it a little bit so it learns to stay home but its main purpose will be to catch and eat skeeters. so i dont want to feed it too much. can anyone recommend a proper feed ration?

Build bat houses. If you can attract bats, they will eat unbelievable amounts of skeeters every night. Bats are cool.

Latest posts