More Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Well here it is the first of July. I was thinking maybe I could start cutting hay this week. Raining cats and dogs at this moment. Location East Texas

hurleyjd":1g3zmwpt said:
Well here it is the first of July. I was thinking maybe I could start cutting hay this week. Raining cats and dogs at this moment. Location East Texas
jd it rained cats an dogs while we was at church this morning.an im 30mi from you.guess we will bale hay if an when it drys up.

hurley, where is Yantis,Tx? I'm on dialup and to try and go to mapquest and try and find a town is next to impossible. Too many graphics I guess. By the way, I started shredding next to my house right after church and almost finished when it started raining like crazy. Not complaining, but I think were about 10 to 15 inches above normal, and this is the 1st of July. Wish we could send some of this rain to those folks that really need it. I pray for you guys in the drought area all the time. Jogee, are you guys getting any rain at all lately? Keep the FAITH.

Dick

Hey Angus/Brangus, looks like a lot of rain down your way....how much are you getting down there? We've had 5 inches in the last 7 days and looks like a repeat for today. Soggy / Boggy up here, can't get any hay made..........
:roll: :roll:

hurleyjd":17ifso74 said:

Same here. I rationalize the lose in quality hay to getting more volume to make up for it. Just glad I didn't plant haygrazer this year. My coastal is already laying down. Maybe it will get some new growth from side shoots. :lol:

Angus/Brangus":e9q8wazy said:
VZCR":e9q8wazy said:
Hey Angus/Brangus, looks like a lot of rain down your way....how much are you getting down there? We've had 5 inches in the last 7 days and looks like a repeat for today. Soggy / Boggy up here, can't get any hay made..........

I tell ya VZCR, it's been weird. Parts of Wharton County got about 6 inches early last week - I got 1/2". Yesterday and this morning, the radar shows wide coverage over our place but that could be just a drizzle. I don't know until I get over there.

Right now I got Bermuda that's knee high - not bolting yet - and the forecast for the next 9 days is as follows: 80%, 60%, 60%, 40%, 30%, 40%, 30%, 60%, 60%. If that low pressure system will move out, I'm gonna have a very good cutting!
Yep, I have coastal that is thigh high and still putting out new growth from the tops every few days when we do get a few hours of sunshine. There hasn't been a stretch of 3 days without rain in months. So far, this morning we caught another 1" in 30 minutes. :shock: :shock:

Angus/Brangus":2fe2z485 said:
VZCR":2fe2z485 said:

I tell ya VZCR, it's been weird. Parts of Wharton County got about 6 inches early last week - I got 1/2". Yesterday and this morning, the radar shows wide coverage over our place but that could be just a drizzle. I don't know until I get over there.

Right now I got Bermuda that's knee high - not bolting yet - and the forecast for the next 9 days is as follows: 80%, 60%, 60%, 40%, 30%, 40%, 30%, 60%, 60%. If that low pressure system will move out, I'm gonna have a very good cutting!

Thanks A/B That's really good news that will cheer me up for the rest of the week. :(

After posting the rain rain on July 1. I just poured 4.25 inches from the rain gage. It is still raining. Yes I have grass every where, the weather man is forcasting a least a 50% chance of rain each day through July 22.

hurleyjd":1wf6wweo said:
After posting the rain rain on July 1. I just poured 4.25 inches from the rain gage. It is still raining. Yes I have grass every where, the weather man is forcasting a least a 50% chance of rain each day through July 22.
Yep, I bogged out through the hayfields with my rubber boots on this morning, after our daily 1" rain......lots of grass and lots of that stuff my neighbor calls "Water Grass" thriving out there. Mostly in the newly sprigged T-85 field. 2,4-D didn't bother it. It's going to be pretty hard to get hay made this month........ :(

We've been praying hard for rain for the last two years...well, that prayer is being answered. Gotta be careful what you ask for.

Proverbs 12:10":2l8epkh2 said:
We've been praying hard for rain for the last two years...well, that prayer is being answered. Gotta be careful what you ask for.

That is the same thing I told my uncle yesterday, lol. I'm gonna take my john boat out in a while and go check the cows.

txfbc":2hv2iud8 said:
Proverbs 12:10":2hv2iud8 said:

That is the same thing I told my uncle yesterday, lol. I'm gonna take my john boat out in a while and go check the cows.
your right youd need a john boat round here to check cows today.i checked cows real quick in the pouring rain.an seen that the bar ditches on the road was running an flooding.the 4 wheeler will get a good workout in the pasture.water is standing everywhere.

bigbull338":266pxwwb said:
txfbc":266pxwwb said:
Proverbs 12:10":266pxwwb said:

your right youd need a john boat round here to check cows today.i checked cows real quick in the pouring rain.an seen that the bar ditches on the road was running an flooding.the 4 wheeler will get a good workout in the pasture.water is standing everywhere.
So far we're still draining good, we got over 6" last night between 8pm and 5am. Lots of rain. I'll have to make a trip over to the spillway at the lake (Cedar Creek) to check it out. I'll bet there's lots of water going over. We've still got lots of standing water, but it's no worse than it has been latley..........Its going east to you guys in Alabama and North Florida hope you get some of this good rain. Good Luck! :lol:

Latest posts