gcreekrch photos
Heifers
zje5oi.jpg

Gelbveih cross cow
300bp20.jpg

2vn3l0y.jpg

332xc05.jpg

Dogs and Cows":1ovu5mni said:
Keep the pictures coming...loving them! gcreekrch...what hay are you feeding them? They look nice! Do you produce your own hay purchase it?

We bale about 2300 tons per year. Buy a little hay at times. Feed some grain screening pellets until it gets muddy.

Our hay is a mix of wild meadow hay, Creeping Meadow Foxtail and a little Reed's Canary.

As long as Ron is willing, I'll keep sending.

gcreekrch":2l3ulgqu said:
ALACOWMAN":2l3ulgqu said:
I'll take the cattle,, you keep the cold...

Buy the cows and the ranch, I'll give you the weather!
well we been getting the weather free anyway...do us a favor down here, and shut the doors up there...its killing us,it gonna be in the 60s today more like we're use to.. But gonna plunge again..

It gets confusing, Nesi and Silver are talking Centigrade I think and Gcreek I think is talking Farenheit, but then Creek is in Canada as well I think. How do you people measure your rain?

Ken

wbvs58":2ktxm8le said:
It gets confusing, Nesi and Silver are talking Centigrade I think and Gcreek I think is talking Farenheit, but then Creek is in Canada as well I think. How do you people measure your rain?

Ken

Haha, I didn't denote C or F because I figured it was close enough to the same in Foreignheit or C.
We measure our rain, our weight, and our height in Imperial. Well, I think that's changing with the kids now so maybe I'm speaking out of turn.
We don't want to get into liquid measure, the Americans don't know liters and they don't know what a real gallon is! :lol:

Silver":1929put3 said:
wbvs58":1929put3 said:

Ken

Haha, I didn't denote C or F because I figured it was close enough to the same in Foreignheit or C.
We measure our rain, our weight, and our height in Imperial. Well, I think that's changing with the kids now so maybe I'm speaking out of turn.
We don't want to get into liquid measure, the Americans don't know liters and they don't know what a real gallon is! :lol:

People just despise me when I use Yankee fluid measurements. I tell them they've got their stupid metric system so go and use it, quit living like peasants of the Queen. All my measurements are American.

wbvs58":1m2jnp48 said:

Ken

There are more Americans on this forum than any others. I make it easy for them. It is -18 c here at present. A touch colder than 0 F.

I still use a lot of Imperial measures but can convert when needed.

Haha, I bring this up every now and then and usually don't get too good a reception. I think they are just very confused little puppies should just bight the bullet and go metric in everything, things would be so much simpler but I know there are 3 things that you Americans won't give up and that is your guns, your big V8's and your imperial system. God save the Queen.

Ken

wbvs58":1xpecrpa said:
Haha, I bring this up every now and then and usually don't get too good a reception. I think they are just very confused little puppies should just bight the bullet and go metric in everything, things would be so much simpler but I know there are 3 things that you Americans won't give up and that is your guns, your big V8's and your imperial system. God save the Queen.

Ken
Ken, the world's winning the metric battle and the V8's are getting rare. But we are doing quite well on the gun front for the time being here in the US of A.

wbvs58":uqf287r5 said:

Ken
LOL, this Southerner here has been measuring his grits and the amount of water to cook them in lately with the metric side of the glass measuring cup. It just has the best number for my ratios.

Post Oak":735nlpkd said:
wbvs58":735nlpkd said:

Ken
LOL, this Southerner here has been measuring his grits and the amount of water to cook them in lately with the metric side of the glass measuring cup. It just has the best number for my ratios.
you want a 100:1 ratio of flour to salt, and you have a pint of flour.. how much salt do you need?
In metric: lets call a pint 500cc, which mean you need 5cc of salt.. Oh, that's a teaspoon! See, EASY!

Aaron":364b483t said:
People just despise me when I use Yankee fluid measurements. I tell them they've got their stupid metric system so go and use it, quit living like peasants of the Queen. All my measurements are American.

So to you it's a 50 gallon drum instead of a 45 gallon drum? I have a hard time with US liquid measurement, I still use Imperial.

Latest posts