more debt ceiling

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

"...raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US govt can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally... Americans deserve better." -- Barack H. Obama, 2006

The debt limit was raised SEVEN times from 2002 thru 2008. but times were good then so I been told.

But the national debt was also much lower 2002-2008 also. In fact it was the lowest in 40 years even adjusted for inflation. Since 2008 it has increased darn near exponentially and the sitting POTUS has gone on record early on with the above quote and now we know his current position. Doesn't matter really who said it though, its still true regardless of who or when
I just found it interesting is all

hooknline":2m1y707a said:
"...raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US govt can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally... Americans deserve better." -- Barack H. Obama, 2006
Heard some guy on the radio saying that he lies.
You reckon? :lol:

Ryder":28fb2ew5 said:
hooknline":28fb2ew5 said:
Heard some guy on the radio saying that he lies.
You reckon? :lol:

Quite possibly, he is, afterall, a career politician, just the type person our founding fathers did not want to running the government. Of course he did promise free cell phones so he must have a good heart. I just hope with all this ruckas I get mine. I'm sure after all the dust has settled I will and it will again be business as usual.

Free cellphones AND food stamps for everyone !!

I don't get no better than that.............. :hide:

Our government has taken us from "a chicken in every pot" to "a pot for every chicken"....

1982vett":23khuceu said:
Our government has taken us from "a chicken in every pot" to "a pot for every chicken"....

I really tried hard to listen to all of the speech....and for the most part did....amazed me that he refuses to accept a "short term 6 month extention", yet almost in the same breath mentioned that the national debt was raised 18 times under Ronald Reagan. If my math is right that is raising it about every 5.333 months....seems like "about 6 months" has pretty much been the norm for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts