More baby pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here are a bunch of pictures from this morning

The newest ones, a set of twin heifers
98twins2.jpg

Hubby isn't very happy about this (but he sure is cute)
136calf.jpg

A heifer calf
218calf.jpg

Enjoying the morning
cowsandcalves2.jpg

Lots of white
59calf.jpg

A twin calf (sibling died)
33calf.jpg

The reason the weight tape doesn't work
9calf2.jpg

Another heifer calf
24calf.jpg

A pair
110pair.jpg

i just love pics of new baby calves.they like well world here i am.what do you think about me.

Those little heifer twins sure look perky and spunky.

You have such colorful, pretty babies, Randi. As always, thanks for sharing them.

Alice

Hey Randi, what is the geneolgy of the second picture from the top (hubby not too happy) Touch of Hereford?

Good pics though. How is the bull that you had pics of last year on the forum doing? Happy with the calves?

StarP":2klowbhp said:
Hey Randi, what is the geneolgy of the second picture from the top (hubby not too happy) Touch of Hereford?

Good pics though. How is the bull that you had pics of last year on the forum doing? Happy with the calves?

Shorthorn, Angus and a little bit of Simmental. Mama is 1/2 Shorthorn and 1/2 Angus, sire is 1/2 Angus and 1/2 simmi. Where are you from StarP?

The bull has done well for us. We really like the calves so far. Out of 23 calves we have had 18 heifers and 5 bulls. Only 2 left to calve from him. They are really long, and some of the older ones are looking pretty darn good now.

I know that you are on this site, just thought it may be the quickest and easiest way to get back in touch with a customer about the bull you guys bought from my wife and I. I think you know me now.

Good to hear that 'Able' is still working well for you. The reason I had asked about the picture is because I would be suprised if the Able Seamen bull would let a calf with so much color. I wanted to see what kind of calves he was giving you. Used a half brother last year (small plug - we also have him for sale) on a couple of the out crossed heifers that he is not related to and we have had great success. All reds, or small white marks on the underline, all unassisted and doing really well. We had bought another bull last year in AB that we used on our Able Seamen heifers and a few cows which we are happy with, but had to assist 3 out of 25 (one was a set of twins). Still pretty good, but it means I have to get up at night to keep an eye on just in case. Check out our new web site http://www.starpfarms.com

I recognized the name. But you never know for sure, could have been another Star P. We only had 2 calves out of him with any white on it and one was out of a purebred red and white cow the other out of that cows daughter. The other calves, only had white on the faces and legs if they were off white faced cows, and only some white on the bellies of any of the others. Actually most were totally solid colored.

We haven't assisted a single calf sired by him. Had BWs from 70 - 115 lbs, out of cross bred cows.

Here are some pictures that I had posted of his calves earlier.
http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33014. Have had a few more since these calves were pictured. Three of the calves pictured on this thread are out of him as well. #218 (black cow), #59(hereford cow) and #24(bwf cow).

Will check out your website, and I will likely post more pictures of the calves.

Latest posts