Moonlite's Turkey Recipe

Help Support CattleToday:

curtis

Reaction score
Moonlite sent me her turkey recipe so i thought i would share.

8-15 lb. turkey
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup un-popped pop corn
salt/pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
brush turkey with melted butter,salt and pepper
fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn
place in baking pan making sure the neck end is toward the front of the oven, not the back
after 4 hours listen for the popping sounds
when the turkeys Butt blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room..... its done. :lol: :lol:

See, little Yankee girls can cook.

I put up with your nonsense time and time again, but this time you went too far Mr. Curtis, that was an old family recipe!

MistyMorning":2zf8j8dc said:
I put up with your nonsense time and time again, but this time you went too far Mr. Curtis, that was an old family recipe!

Good one to :lol: :lol:

MistyMorning":319qqi9h said:
Do you take the popcorn out of the microwave bag before you stuff it in the turkey?

For anyone that hasn't tried Frying your turkey, you are missing out. Just did my first. It looked like an almost completely black turkey when it was done. Took it out and covered with foil for an hour. Unwrapped it and the meal almost fell off the bones. The most moist, non-oily tasting bird I've even eaten. Gonna stock up on cheap thanksgiving turkeys this year. :clap:

dun":wingggq6 said:
Do you take the popcorn out of the microwave bag before you stuff it in the turkey?

R U supposed to?

alisonb":wingggq6 said:
Curtis, you are terrible! You really have to give that girl a break :p .

Thank you Alison, see Curtis! :cry2:

What about the turkey butt flavored popcorn strewn all over the kitchen floor? Is it served as a side during Thanksgiving dinner or used as Christmas decoration?

cfpinz":2m4ccish said:
What about the turkey butt flavored popcorn strewn all over the kitchen floor? Is it served as a side during Thanksgiving dinner or used as Christmas decoration?

Geez I never thought of those ideas, thanks so much Leon, your a regular Martha Stewart ya are! :D

Now I'm wondering, I have a twenty pound turkey, how many bags of popcorn will I need to stuff it?

cfpinz":2exloknh said:

What about all the popcorn strewn all the way to the Gulf Coast ? we thought it was snowflakes.

curtis":1ysjoizu said:
cfpinz":1ysjoizu said:

What about all the popcorn strewn all the way to the Gulf Coast ? we thought it was snowflakes.

5 inches of the white stuff today, the weather gurus are predicting blizzard like weather with possible 1 to 2 feet later this week. AND a high of 7 F for Thanksgiving. Did I say high of 7. :help:

We have freezing rain predicted for Thursday night, i don't need this . Stay warm little girl.

MistyMorning":20v8bvrv said:
curtis":20v8bvrv said:
cfpinz":20v8bvrv said:

5 inches of the white stuff today, the weather gurus are predicting blizzard like weather with possible 1 to 2 feet later this week. AND a high of 7 F for Thanksgiving. Did I say high of 7. :help:

If I don't hear from you before July 4, 2011 I'll turn in a "missing in Minnesota" report.

MistyMorning":2cbrmulh said:
cfpinz":2cbrmulh said:

Geez I never thought of those ideas, thanks so much Leon, your a regular Martha Stewart ya are! :D

Now I'm wondering, I have a twenty pound turkey, how many bags of popcorn will I need to stuff it?

Three pans of Jiffy Pop should do it.

Keep that white crap up there, I haven't got the 4wd fixed on my tractor yet! Let alone the feed truck!

cfpinz":20yuzitn said:
MistyMorning":20yuzitn said:
cfpinz":20yuzitn said:

Three pans of Jiffy Pop should do it.

Keep that white crap up there, I haven't got the 4wd fixed on my tractor yet! Let alone the feed truck!
At least her new avatar is appropriate

dun":s9obahot said:

The innovation from the people on these boards never ceases to amaze me. I'm wondering if you could string it before you stuff it in the turkey.

Latest posts