Monoply

Help Support CattleToday:

gabbyellepaige

Reaction score
Monopoly.jpg

website: http://mattlautnercattle.blogspot.com/p/boardwalk.html
Opinions on this bull?
I'm thinking of using him on my Char, for her second calf.

They definitely did some work on his topline with computer magic. Don't like the set of the hind legs but they are so camouflaged with the hair, who knows.

Works great as club calf bull only problem is he is so short and small, Works great on larger cattle.. Wish he wasn't so High % angus... Hence reason why he works so well on maines, simi's, and char's...

Solid Gold bull at horns has some really good calves this year out of different cows.. I have seen alot of Et's out of him and they are good as they come from donors... But have seen groups of 15-20 bred to just black / red white faces and all the calves were thick, uniform, and hairy... I was pretty impressed by that group.. Calves all had some performance to them also..

Saw a bunch of the Smilin Bob calves also, they were smaller like Monopolys but big hipped and strong topped..

He is 6.8% Chianina, 64.9% Angus, 14.8% Maine Anjou, and 13.2% "other" which could be Charolais, Shorthorn, Simmental, etc. He is a registered Chi, but anything with just a bit of Chi can be registered.

It looks like this on that website you listed, under the DOB and Carrier status - Pct Chianina: 6.893

I'm sorry I'm in a negative form but that is not a bull it's a poodle. What is the purpose of the show ring if it becomes a dog show. If you have to grow that much hair to display a bull, I feel it is not one to use. Shave him clean and then decide. What specific traits can you identify in that photo.

I can tell you guys don't appreciate a good haircut. Now someone worked hard to get him to look like that and your probably jealous you can't get your hair to look that good. As for me it looks like he had better not be left in the sun too long or he may suffer from heat stroke.

Yes, your right my hair doesn't look that good. It is a little thin on top and I have a hard time getting the barber not to give me a comb over. :lol2: :lol2: That bull would have definitely died in my pasture last summer with the 100+ degree temp and 90%+ humidity.

I was blown away this year when I visited a large club calf ranch in Kansas and they were talking about clipping 60 day old calves before they go to grass... i know the reward is great but the functionality of cattle is as little human interference is possible.. Hair is bred into these cattle so much that only the show factor benefits from them..

but then I also have char's that don't have 1/2 of hair.. in the middle is ok...

I'd have to agree with what most people seem to say.,... he'd make a good sire for a poodle the way he looks there, and I am sure it took a lot of work to get him to look that way.

I don't like any fluff in the cattle's summer coat... I have one heifer that I groom must by rubbing my hand over her fur, and it all goes nice and straight, and it shows off her muscle.. but that's not what this thread is for....

If you are trying to get a show steer, he should work fine for you, but isn't the semen on Monopoly going for $75 or more. Are you planning on using a clone?

With hair like that you do not need to photo shop, you can groom perfection into them.

VCC":zvf2h2m7 said:
If you are trying to get a show steer, he should work fine for you, but isn't the semen on Monopoly going for $75 or more. Are you planning on using a clone?

With hair like that you do not need to photo shop, you can groom perfection into them.

What do you mean by perfection? I have no opinion on Monopoly, but I do know that the best grooming job in the world can't turn a bad animal into a good one. All it can do is make it look better.

Latest posts