Mod2 - locations

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Can you set it up so that when a new person signs in they HAVE to put their location.
Time and time again, we have to ask people WHERE they are located in order for us to answer their questions properly.
Location means everything in management. What I do in NY is totally different from TX.

I can't but I will relay the message to Macon.

While we're on the subject, it would be really nice to have a "Last seen" date, as well as a "Banned" status for users that have been banned

Nesikep said:
While we're on the subject, it would be really nice to have a "Last seen" date, as well as a "Banned" status for users that have been banned
You can click on their icon which takes you to their profile. The "Last Active" date and time is their last seen.
Don't think I want to post a Banned list.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Can you set it up so that when a new person signs in they HAVE to put their location.
Time and time again, we have to ask people WHERE they are located in order for us to answer their questions properly.
Location means everything in management. What I do in NY is totally different from TX.

Good idea. I'll see if I can make it a required field.

M Gravlee said:
Nesikep said:
You can click on their icon which takes you to their profile. The "Last Active" date and time is their last seen.
Don't think I want to post a Banned list.

I don't need a list, but if their status (like Guru, etc) was changed that would make it easy, and I think it would be easy to implement since I see it on many sites... wouldn't have to bother trying to PM someone that can't read it anyhow.

The majority of us, just want to be helpful to fellow cattlepeople, and without at least a general locale, its nearly impossible

Latest posts