MM is officially an idiot...

Help Support CattleToday:

milkmaid

Reaction score
and don't a one of you try to convince me otherwise. I've made some stupid mistakes before but I think this one takes the cake. So I'm on my way home from college and stopped to visit relatives and help with branding. Sent a lot of my stuff on home ahead of me, and I'm supposed to leave tomorrow afternoon by plane.

Just realized I sent my wallet ahead of me... I have no money, no ID, nothing, nada. Only thing that even proves I might be who I say I am is my University of Wyoming college ID. :roll: :oops: I have this funny feeling that won't be sufficient to get me on the plane. Mom suggested emailing me photocopies of all my real ID cards and birth certificate... I have no idea if photo copies and the college ID will get me through security.

This is going to be a fun one to try explaining tomorrow. :roll:

Not sure Fedex operates on weekends? Way things work out here I might get it quicker if my folks just drove out with my wallet. :lol: :p

well we knew it all along but now its official! :lol: everyone does stupid things mm but hopefully we learn. (sometimes i have to repeat stupid things just to get the lesson :roll: ) let us know how it goes :nod:

Miss Daisy":37sn5pbh said:
well we knew it all along but now its official! :lol: everyone does stupid things mm but hopefully we learn. (sometimes i have to repeat stupid things just to get the lesson :roll: ) let us know how it goes :nod:

Experiance is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second time you make it.

Ouch. Sounds like something I would do. Might make it easier going through security if you don't wear your khimār. ;-) :lol2:

Hope everything works out and have a safe trip.

milkmaid":13l321uo said:
and don't a one of you try to convince me otherwise. I've made some stupid mistakes before but I think this one takes the cake. So I'm on my way home from college and stopped to visit relatives and help with branding. Sent a lot of my stuff on home ahead of me, and I'm supposed to leave tomorrow afternoon by plane.

Just realized I sent my wallet ahead of me... I have no money, no ID, nothing, nada. Only thing that even proves I might be who I say I am is my University of Wyoming college ID. :roll: :oops: I have this funny feeling that won't be sufficient to get me on the plane. Mom suggested emailing me photocopies of all my real ID cards and birth certificate... I have no idea if photo copies and the college ID will get me through security.

This is going to be a fun one to try explaining tomorrow. :roll:

I'm sorry Milkmaid, but :lol: :lol: :lol: . That sounds like something I would do. Where are you flying out of? I don't know if it would carry any weight, but I would be happy to vouch for you.

Let us know how that turns out. I'd be real surprised if they will accept a photocopy of anything. I showed up to the airport last week and was surprised with a new rule. Now the airlines will only allow you to check one bag as a part of your regular fare. Every additional bag costs $25 to check. As you can imagine, everyone now carries 2 bags on the plane and it's a zoo trying to find somewhere to put a bag in the overhead compartments. I hate flying. I'd rather drive twice as long than get on an airplane.

oh man that was a big flubb up.hope they let you go home without your ID.that does make you feel bad todo something like that.i never carry ID with me because i cant stand keeping up with a billfold.

A believe you have to present a valid state issued form of ID. The TSA people even make you remove your drivers license from the wallet so that can verify the anti-fraud features. I wouldn't bet lunch money on a xerox copy.

MM this late at this time I would think.
But just stop by the police station. They will help with a new temp ID.
Its done all of the time in case of stolen or misplaced ID's
You just need some proof and a local to help.

Good luck.

There is a Will Rogers quote that goes something like this Good judgment comes from experience unfortunately most of that comes from bad judgement. If this is the worst you do you'll be alright!

Well if we don't hear from you for a while we will know that airport security has you :p .

Your school ID should be sufficient as it is an official ID. Have a safe trip home and hopefully all goes well. I bet you are really looking forward to spending some time with your family and animals :) . :wave:

Well, I'm sitting in the airport right now, and so far things are good. Been subjected to a bit of extra screening but it hasn't been as bad as I feared.

The other problem is that I don't have my debit card with me and checking into the hotel will be interesting. :roll:

Well MM, if you're an idiot then so am I because I've done too many of those kinds of things to list .I think in this case that pretty sweet face will serve you well, you don't look much like a terrorist . Anyway good luck and be careful .

Larry

a good friend of mine uses this quote daily.. Knowlege is what you get when you learn from your own mistakes, Wisdom is what you get watching other peoples mistakes.

Don't beat yourself up. This is just one of lifes little mishaps. You are with relatives so you will be ok. Good luck. Tom :cboy:

milkmaid":3sh7fsjs said:
The other problem is that I don't have my debit card with me and checking into the hotel will be interesting. :roll:

Just have your folks call in a reservation with the debit card. It will work. I have done that for my daughter.

It could be worse MM. Atleast you know where everything is and it is not all stolen. Never put that stuff in checked baggage through the Denver Airport. My daughter's cell phone was being used in NY and her debit card was being used in CA. The baggage handlers need a second income :mad: :mad:

Latest posts