mixing

Help Support CattleToday:

braunviehnation

Reaction score
i am mixing beet pulp with my showmaster feed and my steer weighs 526 and i feed him 5 coffe cans of showmaster calf grower and 8 ounces of beet pulp is this the correct thing to do i give a little bit of sudan hay every night

braunviehnation":3j9x823a said:
i am mixing beet pulp with my showmaster feed and my steer weighs 526 and i feed him 5 coffe cans of showmaster calf grower and 8 ounces of beet pulp is this the correct thing to do i give a little bit of sudan hay every night

The beet pulp certainly won't hurt anything and Showmaster makes some good feed. Only thing I'd recommend you do is quit feeding "by the can full" and weigh out your feed precisely. Lose your can and your up the creek. :)

Onthebit":35x7020h said:
how much does a large coffee can of feed weigh on average? I havn't a scale.....
If you're going to raise show calves go buy you a scale. You can get a pretty good "fish weighing scale" in the sporting good dept. of WalMart. Doesn't have to be fancy.

i have one but dont really know how much to feed him i heard twenty pounds a day for a 800 pound steer but mine weighs 526

braunviehnation":1ui05nid said:
if my steer weighs 550 how much do i need to feed him i am feeding him 15 pounds a day

1% of his body weight would be 5.5 lbs of grain per day. 2% of his body weight would be 11 lbs of grain per day. Assuming you have built him up to the rate of grain he is currently receiving, you should be ok.

Latest posts