Missouri Ranchers- Please Read....

Help Support CattleToday:

EIEIO

Reaction score
I just read a small article in our on-line paper that the governor had ordered the FSA to begin assessment of the 106 counties under severe drought conditions so they can decide if we are gonna be possibly getting any drought assistance since so many are already feeding hay and selling off cattle earlier than normal as well as selling cattle they would normally keep due to the drought conditions.

It would be nice if we could keep each other informed here if we learn anything regarding assistance programs. I know when I lived in Arkansas we went through this one year and the window to apply for such programs was pretty small.

I'll be sure and post if I hear anything about assistance programs and would appreciate anyone else doing the same if they hear of something before me.

I think the web page address is http://www.houstonherald.com where the article is.

J

Maybe you already heard this on the local news 8-11-05. So far assistance with water is the only thing I'm hearing.And they didn't include Polk Co so I'm outta the running I guess.

Yes, right now it is just for water. You can get help drilling wells but they dont even know what the cost share percentage will be. It was on KY3 the other night and my neighbor and buddy was interviewed while feeding hay to his cows and he was blasting them bigtime for not passing any feed help

Latest posts